Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Due in a week, which bassinet?!
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 6:22 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Dream-M.....r=8-6

I loved the porta crib.
I was able to get baby out of crib just by sitting up and leaning over.
They are able to stay comfortably until 12-15 months. By then, their older sibling is ready to move out of the full size crib so it works.
My kids never slept well on the pack n play or bassinet mattresses, but the porta crib has a proper firm mattress with sheets that fit snuggly.
They also usually have wheels so it can be maneuvered around the bedroom.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 6:26 pm
amother wrote:

@amother aquamarine Thanks for the input, which bassinet did you use?

This is a similar one on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-C.....r=8-1

It's lasted for 5 kids BH and is getting ready for baby 6, although since I bought the rock and play by baby 4, this one just stays in my room. (Until then it went around the house with me).

When baby outgrows this, we switch to the pack and play (with the separately bought mattress).

I notice that my sister who doesnt have a bassinet/rock and play ends up putting her baby in the infant carrier carseat more often: to be near the shabbos table or the rest of the family, to nap, to play with a hanging toy, and even to feed.

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 6:45 pm
I love having a bassinet next to my bed, where I couldn't fit a pack n play. I personally use the uppababy stroller bassinet with stand, but my 10 month old is still sleeping in it so I'm definitely getting good use out of it! I would absolutely recommend spending on something that makes sleeping and nursing easier in the first year.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 6:46 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-.....r=8-3

I used for 2 kids and lent to someone for one. It lasted till baby was about 5-6 months

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:19 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-LullaGo-Portable-Bassinet-Grey/dp/B0793D9VWH/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=chicco+bassinet&qid=1550533514&s=gateway&sr=8-3

I used for 2 kids and lent to someone for one. It lasted till baby was about 5-6 months

Is the mattress similar to a pack n play or thicker?

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:40 pm
Another vote for the Halo bassinest. I absolutely loved it. I was able to pull the bassinet all the way onto my bed so the newborn was right at my side and then Swift it away when I wanna get out of bed. Op, go onto their website halosleep.com and read all about it. It’s a great product.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
@amother copper when you used the pack n play were you able to take the baby out from your bed? Which one did you use, there are so many options!

Yes I was, when I used the bassinet insert. Not sure which one I have, I've had it for more than 10 years! It's pretty basic, just a regular Pack & Play with an attachment that lets you put the mattress higher. I guess it's kind of like this one

I didn't get the full mileage out of the Bassinest because I didn't have enough room to put it right next to my bed, but I can imagine that I'll like it more when I can use all of its functions! The baby liked it but outgrew it pretty quickly (big babies here...)

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:24 pm
amother wrote:
Yes I was, when I used the bassinet insert. Not sure which one I have, I've had it for more than 10 years! It's pretty basic, just a regular Pack & Play with an attachment that lets you put the mattress higher. I guess it's kind of like this one

I didn't get the full mileage out of the Bassinest because I didn't have enough room to put it right next to my bed, but I can imagine that I'll like it more when I can use all of its functions! The baby liked it but outgrew it pretty quickly (big babies here...)

This is the one I have . You can lift the mattress for the newborn stage and lower it down after the baby begins rolling. It's also more compact than other pack n plays which helps in smaller spaces

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:51 am
C'v bassinets can tip if a kid is pushing
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics