Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
More PANDAS questions... which doctor?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 4:58 pm
I have some more questions regarding PANDAS.
There have been several doctors recommended in different threads. Since there are only a few visits and it seems I will have to pay out of pocket anyway, I am willing to travel a little further for the best doctor. Who would you recommend? Dr. Wendy Vargas, Dr. Jyonouchi, Dr. Rosario Trifiletti? A different doctor? I can travel anywhere in the tristate area.
Has anyone tried to treat it "naturally" with colloidal silver? Did it work? Should I try it first?
Another strange question, I googled it and it seems there may be a correlation between penicillin allergy and PANDAS. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:11 pm
amother wrote:
I have some more questions regarding PANDAS.
There have been several doctors recommended in different threads. Since there are only a few visits and it seems I will have to pay out of pocket anyway, I am willing to travel a little further for the best doctor. Who would you recommend? Dr. Wendy Vargas, Dr. Jyonouchi, Dr. Rosario Trifiletti? A different doctor? I can travel anywhere in the tristate area.
Has anyone tried to treat it "naturally" with colloidal silver? Did it work? Should I try it first?
Another strange question, I googled it and it seems there may be a correlation between penicillin allergy and PANDAS. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks

Colloidal silver will not cure PANDAS. My dc with PANDAS is not allergic to penicillin.

Natural treatment is very effective for PANDAS but it entails a lot more than colloidal silver. Dr. Kenneth Bock in Red Hook, NY, has a great reputation, if you'd like to go the natural route.

If you're more medical-minded, I would try Dr. Rosario Trifiletti or Dr. Wendy Vargas, not Dr. J. Both great doctors.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
Colloidal silver will not cure PANDAS. My dc with PANDAS is not allergic to penicillin.

Natural treatment is very effective for PANDAS but it entails a lot more than colloidal silver. Dr. Kenneth Bock in Red Hook, NY, has a great reputation, if you'd like to go the natural route.

If you're more medical-minded, I would try Dr. Rosario Trifiletti or Dr. Wendy Vargas, not Dr. J. Both great doctors.
I will second everything this amother said, except for the part about not going to Dr. Jyonouchi. I've heard great things, but could be amother knows something I don't. I will also add that Dr. Bock is an integrative dr, so afaik he does treat pandas with antibiotics but will also use a lot of other things as part of the treatment protocol. And there is also Dr. Elice in Long Island that people are very happy with for pandas, also an integrative MD.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics