Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Isis member wants “a second chance”
1  2  3  4  Next

Cheiny

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:34 am
https://nypost.com/2019/02/18/.....take/

Should she be trusted? Does she deserve to be allowed back in to the US?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:21 pm
Bye felicia

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:27 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Bye felicia

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL Thumbs Up

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:51 pm
Throw tomatoes, but I think teshuva is possible for everyone and she truly seems sincere. Maybe I have an idealistic perspective, but young brainwashed people can do stupid things and it’s good that she finally opened her eyes and is willing to denounce ISIS at the risk of her life.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:52 pm
Thread title is misleading... she is a FORMER member. Key word.

sequoia

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:54 pm
There is a Dutch film about a similar situation; did anyone see it? It’s on netflix.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:04 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Throw tomatoes, but I think teshuva is possible for everyone and she truly seems sincere. Maybe I have an idealistic perspective, but young brainwashed people can do stupid things and it’s good that she finally opened her eyes and is willing to denounce ISIS at the risk of her life.

IF she did teshuva. But how do we know she isn't lying? Maybe this is part of a plan to get herself into the US for nafarious reasons?

simba

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:12 pm
I would be perfectly comfortable if they sent her sandwiches but didn’t let her back in. Some mistakes aren’t backtracked by an apology. While they were up she was tweeting against America and now that she isn’t comfortable she wants to come back home. Sure, would love to support her on my tax dollars, not!
Sorry lady, 19 is an adult. You chose this, there is clearly something wrong with you.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:12 pm
Not everything can be undone or corrected.

Meuvas Lo Yuchal Lisaken....there are some actions that can't be remedied.

I'm not sure I'd trust this woman, and what about her son when he grows up?

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Not everything can be undone or corrected.

Meuvas Lo Yuchal Lisaken....there are some actions that can't be remedied.

I'm not sure I'd trust this woman, and what about her son when he grows up?

There are things I find unforgivable, like molestation and murder, but even the Torah recognizes teshuva in those situations ( though I find that hard to swallow to be honest).
However she never murdered anyone AFAIK, only parroted the beliefs she was brainwashed with.
That being said, it’s not like I trust her. I wouldn’t let her into my house or anything.

gingertop

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:05 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
There are things I find unforgivable, like molestation and murder, but even the Torah recognizes teshuva in those situations ( though I find that hard to swallow to be honest).
However she never murdered anyone AFAIK, only parroted the beliefs she was brainwashed with.
That being said, it’s not like I trust her. I wouldn’t let her into my house or anything.

Brainwashed by whom? She grew up in America and chose to deal with her feelings of loneliness/inferiority/sociopathy by identifying with a group of r@pist murdering thugs who she identified with. No one was whitewashing ISIS at any point in its existence. No one was under any delusion that they were just a religious army. They freaking broadcasted themselves beheading human beings.
These girls (there are 3 in the news now- one American, one British, one German) spared not a thought for ISIS's victims and just thought it would be cool to lord over other human beings.
Sorry. She could rot. Her kids should be sent to closest not insane family members to be raised. I have not a shred of sympathy for someone who willingly joined a group who inflicted h-ll on innocent Yazidiz, Kurds, and others.
There are thousands of refugees who are victims of the horrors of ISIS. These girls are victims of their own lack of humanity. They should be last on the list.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:16 pm
This isn’t about only HER.
Yeah maybe she really remorseful and will be a good person from now on, but what about the example it sets for others?

Let me try ISIS and their reward program. If it doesn’t work out, America will take me back as a Bal Teshuva...

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:27 pm
I want to clarify that I don’t think the US should take her back; like gingertop said there are many innocent refugees who come first.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:29 pm
Nopes. She can stay exactly where she is. She should not be allowed back.

gold21

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:31 pm
If we're gonna start forgiving people for criminal behavior, there are a number of people more deserving of forgiveness than a former voluntary ISIS wife who's chickening out because her caliphate is falling apart.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 4:57 pm
On one hand, it seems pretty convenient that as soon as she saw the hell that is Syria, she's running screaming back to America. Not so evil now, huh? She had to go through three dead husbands and give birth to a boy to figure that out.

On the other hand, yes. Her teshuva seems sincere. Nothing like real-world experience to make you realize how stupid you were as a teenager. Also, our brains aren't fully matured until 25, and I definitely saw God as more black and white when I was younger. I had a healthy upbringing, and a fairly normal religion, so I didn't think God wanted me to blow up people, but we have to allow for the fact that some people don't always get that.

I would let her back in and put her on a watch list, so she can't travel without alerts.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:22 pm
I would take her husband's yazidi slaves over her

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:33 pm
She can do teshuvah in Syria. There's nothing in the Torah about letting her do it in the US.

If she really wants to show that she's changed her ways, she should volunteer to work at the camp and make everyone's lives better there.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:42 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:

That’s all well and good, and I hope she is sincere. But let her do her teshuva where she is, and stay out of the US, in case she isn’t sincere.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 5:46 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Thread title is misleading... she is a FORMER member. Key word.

Do you know that for a fact? Or just because she says so? She hasn’t earned my trust...
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics