Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Power of speech

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:57 am
The thread about tefillah made me think of this though it's not exactly the same.

I always believed that there is a power to speech and that there is a G-d running the world and I see it in my life. Recently I've had a few examples but I'll share one

I was talking to my dh about money we lent out. He said maybe we should stop lending out money since one person is giving us a hard time. I said no, we can tell before we lend who will be reliable and we just have to only lend to people who we know are reliable. For example I would be willing to lend money to the "schwartzes" if needed since I trust them that they are reliable. It was probably within the month that it came up that the schwartzes could be helped by a loan so my dh and I decided to lend it. It was a quick decision because we had actually already hypothetically "discussed it"

Unexpectedly within a week after telling the schwartzes we would lend the money but before we actually gave it to them we got a check in the mail that covered most of the loan we said we would give.

Please share your own examples!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:15 pm
I'm not so into, or so not into, that woowoo sort of thing. I think there are rational explanations for most phenomena. When I think of the power of speech I think of how a kind or encouraging word can make someone’s day or even turn their life around, and a mean or careless word can destroy a vulnerable person’s day or even their whole life.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:18 pm
For a zechus, my dh took it upon himself to pay the remainder of a neighbor's children's tuition bill. Last year, my dh ended up paying the entire bill (the person gets tuition breaks though). This year, we had some medical expenses so I wasn't sure if we would be able to help him out. As it turns out, this year this neighbor was able to pay a larger portion of his tuition bill, so the amount left over was affordable for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics