Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Mayday!!! Calling all rash experts
Previous  1  2

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:53 pm
gingertop wrote:
Chiming in to the choir. This sound extremely fungal. Get an appointment at a dermatologist. In the meantime, acidophillus, yogurt, and topical anti-fungal cream. Air out breast for a few minutes after feeding by leaving bra down under t-shirt.
You may need a steroidal anti-fungal at this point. A PCP can help while you wait for a dermatologist who will culture the skin and be able to give the best treatment plan.

Gingertop, I'm sure you're wonderful but that's stereotypical bad advice.

First off, fungus LOVES steroids.
Bad combination.
Only foolish doctors RX steroids together with antifungals.

Secondly, not all flakey, scaley rashes are fungal.
There is FREQUENTLY in our community women who have difficulty nursing who end up using poor medication combinations such as APNO or apply steroids to the breast to ease the pain of broken nipples. Many of them, and sometimes their babies, develop steroid damage, called Red Skin Syndrome.

The rash itches terribly, is flakey, and takes months to resolve. Using more steroids would calm the condition for up to ten days or so, and then it would flare up again.
That is how people fall in to the cycle of steroid addiction.

Bottom line: Get the right diagnosis. Call the Skin Healing Gemach. They have tons of info and give helpful advice and recommend good doctors.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:58 pm
Find a doctor who will work with you to figure out which sort of fungus it is and prescribe the appropriate anti fungal cream.
In the meantime buy Clotrimazole cream and Florastor packets over the counter, both antifungals, for both you and your baby. Bathe in the evening, and then on clean skin apply the cream before bed. See if this helps but keep pursuing the right doctor appointment in case you still need assistance with the rash. It sounds mightly painful!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 7:51 pm
Also, OP, a steroid-induced rash "goes around in circles." There are flare cycles. At the beginning, the rash is insanely itchy, there can even be swelling and ooze at times (not always), and then the rash begins to tighten and dry out, and then flake, flake, flake. And then, sometimes it will clear for a few days before another round begins.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:50 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Would you feel comfortable trying the goat milk method? You go to someone who has goats, they spritz the milk directly onto the rash, it usually helps instantly or with 2 treatments. Where are you located?

Does not work for everything! I tried. Please dont waste your time. I went for days and you really need to treat these things internally.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 8:52 pm
My baby has bad eczema and I also had a rash for a while on my breasts. Now that yo umention this I see it did go away but it was definitely there for a while.

Likely food sensitivities in my opinion but these are really trial and error. We are still sufferring terriblly with skin stuff so no help here but pleaes dont use steriods.

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
My baby has bad eczema and I also had a rash for a while on my breasts. Now that yo umention this I see it did go away but it was definitely there for a while.

Likely food sensitivities in my opinion but these are really trial and error. We are still sufferring terriblly with skin stuff so no help here but pleaes dont use steriods.

Can I recommend that you also call the Skin Healing Gemach?
There are so many suffering people, and they don't know which way to turn.
There is also an abundance of extremely bad advice out there -- both from the "natural" world and the medical world.
The Skin Healing Gemach has a lot of comfort techniques and information that most people don't have, and all of it is proven through medical studies done by legitimate, research dermatologists.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:05 pm
Thanks to all that answered.

Guess it’s time for yet another dermatologist.

And I’ll try the skin healing gemach.

I shall hopefully come back with good news very soon!

NovelConcept

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 9:05 pm
Refuah shelimah!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:43 pm
Is the skin healing gemach Miriam rosenfeld products? Who’s number is the one you posted?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:53 pm
No, Miriam Rosenfeld products are from the Wound Healing Gemach.

The Skin Healing Gemach is run by a writer who suffered for years from bad rashes and no doctor was able to help. She always does tons of research, and ended up unearthing info that most people -- including a lot of doctors -- haven't yet heard. Information that heals many.
She also established relationships with doctors who can help patients.

ila

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:09 pm
Never had something like this but had bad rashes and a dr told me to put boricated water and leave a little bit open until dry, maybe try it or ask a dr...
It worked for me...

123Smile

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 12:14 am
If it’s fungal I was very successful with grape fruit seed extract. Mix 10 drops w water and spritz it very 1 1/2 hrs.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics