Home

What do you think?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Laiya

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:35 pm
amother wrote:
Someone who thinks that Trump is smart is not someone whose opinion I can trust on anything, nor someone with whom I’d even get into a discussion with.

Do you realize that this is rather insulting? It's also most likely wrong. The odds are, you do respect and or trust someone who has views about Trump that you can't relate to, but you probably aren't aware of that person's political views.

amother

Mint

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:50 pm
amother wrote:
Squishy , she seems to be taking up a lot of your energy and head space. Just wondering why you're paying so much attention to her and why you seem to be so obsessed over her? Politicians come and go. There are many of them. Many of them make lots of ridiculous noise. Many are smart, many are stupid, many make lots of noise. Most don't become president or go anywhere special. Why are you so hyperfocused on her?

Good question!

It's because Squishy believes that AOC is Hitler.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....65#4386310

Quote:
She is dangerous. I compare her to Hitler.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....20#4387424

Quote:
I compare her to Hitler in that an obscure painter with charisma came to power outside traditional avenues. He was there in the right place and time. He convinced the aryan people that he spoke for them when he didn't look like them. He looked more like the people he was murdering.

AOC was an unknown bartender that lived a privileged life in Westchester and had a private school education. She also rose to national prominence because it is the right time. She also is more like the people she is disparaging. She has an expensive wardrobe even before her congressional salary.

I am not saying she is a murderer or has extermination plans, but she is dangerous with her radical ideas and her ability to get people to follow her.

(oops, apparently the OP is trying to get the thread deleted. But it's still up there.)

Laiya

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:09 pm
simcha2 wrote:
as is the slogan "make America great again"

How do you see this as playing on fears?

amother

Mint

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:16 pm
Laiya wrote:

I"m not answering for Simcha, but maybe you can answer for me.

What period are we trying to go back to, to make America great "again"?

What changed to make America less great?

simcha2

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:20 pm
Laiya wrote:

Honest question. How was America doing, objectively, in 2016?

Actually pretty well. Unemployment was down (look at a 5 year trend graph). It's down further, but following the same trend.

Same with the deficit (well, that hasn't continued).

The economy, crime etc. All doing, objectively, pretty well.

So what is the "again" talking about?

It is to make people fearful that America is doing badly. To try and capture the fear that people are being left behind in the economic growth. It appeals to those who feel, subjectively, that America isn't doing great.

(Will expound later if this isn't clear, but making, serving dinner now)

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:
Good question!

It's because Squishy believes that AOC is Hitler.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....20#4387424

(oops, apparently the OP is trying to get the thread deleted. But it's still up there.)

I reported this post said the following:

"Please tell me why posters are allowed to insult behind amother. I will report the other poster.

Kindly take away their anonymous posting privileges. Perhaps that might change the tone of these political discourses.

I would like to point out that it seems to be solely the liberals who hide behind amother to attack in these political threads."

I would like to add that I don't believe AOC is Hitler reincarnated or otherwise; although, she is also charismatic.

simcha2

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:25 pm
Squishy wrote:
I reported this post said the following:

"Please tell me why posters are allowed to insult behind amother. I will report the other poster.

Kindly take away their anonymous posting privileges. Perhaps that might change the tone of these political discourses.

I would like to point out that it seems to be solely the liberals who hide behind amother to attack in these political threads."

I would like to add that I don't believe AOC is Hitler reincarnated or otherwise; although, she is also charismatic.

I agree with you about another posting. But you have to be kidding about the bolded.

Look through the last few politics threads.

amother

Copper

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
I"m not answering for Simcha, but maybe you can answer for me.

What period are we trying to go back to, to make America great "again"?

What changed to make America less great?

Well that's a very simple answer Very Happy

It's a message to white Xtian males and the woman who love them to that mythical America when women and people of color weren't uppity.

However as much as they might try to fight the tide like King Canute, the tide is inevitably going out as in twenty years America will no longer have a white dominant majority and those who favor a more egalitarian social climate will have won the culture wars.

This is the last gasp and they are being manipulated by those attempting to hold onto their economic power - ironic that they are being exploited by the most corrupt President and Administration in this national's history.

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
You suppose? See, that’s what we call smarts. Someone who can suppose everything about me and all my thoughts from one comment that I made. I’m taking a moment to really appreciate how smart this is.

I reported you post and wrote the following:

"Amother navy needlessly insulted ectomorph in clear violation of the rules. Kindly remove her anonymous posting privileges. There needs to be some consequences to her for her needless nastiness as amother. "

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:54 pm
simcha2 wrote:
I agree with you about another posting. But you have to be kidding about the bolded.

Look through the last few politics threads.

I am always willing to learn. Show me the posts where conservative anonymous posters threw out gratuitous insults.

ectomorph

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:55 pm
Squishy wrote:
I reported you post and wrote the following:

"Amother navy needlessly insulted ectomorph in clear violation of the rules. Kindly remove her anonymous posting privileges. There needs to be some consequences to her for her needless nastiness as amother. "
that was awfully sweet of you squishy.
I frequently come under attack from amothers. Granted my style is no holds barred so I try not to complain about it.

I take it as a compliment actually. They can't have much confidence in what they're saying if they won't even put their username behind it.

simcha2

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:01 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am always willing to learn. Show me the posts where conservative anonymous posters threw out gratuitous insults.

Have you already forgotten the thread with amother gray who you defended by insulting me?

amother

Bisque

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:05 pm
Squishy wrote:

I'm from neither party since I'm not American.

But, I watch these threads and the conservatives definitely are the more vocal mean ones. And definitely sometimes anonymously as well.

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:14 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Have you already forgotten the thread with amother gray who you defended by insulting me?

Please show me the thead. I can't remember any posters' colors beyond the thread. And even then I don't pay that much attention. Anonymous posters blend together for me.

It is more my style to stand up to bullies. Would that be that you were picking on amother gray first, and I was outraged about your meanness?

simcha2

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:20 pm
Squishy wrote:
Please show me the thead. I can't remember any posters' colors beyond the thread. And even then I don't pay that much attention. Anonymous posters blend together for me.

It is more my style to stand up to bullies. Would that be that you were picking on amother gray first, and I was outraged about your meanness?

Nope. I really don't want to rehash this. I lost a lot of respect for you with that thread. I'm hoping to gain it back. But your nastiness was extreme and it's taking a while. I don't agree with your politics, but that doesn't mean I can't respect you as a poster.

I say this in all seriousness, we all have biases, so one may not see meanness where one agrees with the poster and vice versa.

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:41 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Nope. I really don't want to rehash this. I lost a lot of respect for you with that thread. I'm hoping to gain it back. But your nastiness was extreme and it's taking a while. I don't agree with your politics, but that doesn't mean I can't respect you as a poster.

I say this in all seriousness, we all have biases, so one may not see meanness where one agrees with the poster and vice versa.

So you make accusations against me and don't want to back it up. It's a hit and run. Why bring it up in the first place?

Our feelings are mutual. I find you unnecessarily nasty and illogical, but at least it is under your screen name.

I do agree with the bolded.

roses

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:44 pm
Squishy wrote:
So you make accusations against me and don't want to back it up. It's a hit and run. Why bring it up in the first place?

Our feelings are mutual. I find you unnecessarily nasty and illogical, but at least it is under your screen name.

This is so interesting, because in my opinion Simcha2 presents as a polite, well reasoned, and logical poster.

ectomorph

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:45 pm
Back to AOC: the reason I think no one wants to suggest that it's her boyfriend behind her is that no one wants to give her an excuse to claim that she's not succeeding because of sexism.

Squishy

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:47 pm
roses wrote:
This is so interesting, because in my opinion Simcha2 presents as a polite, well reasoned, and logical poster.

simcha2 wrote:

simcha2

Post  Wed, Feb 20 2019, 8:51 pm
Squishy wrote:

I do agree with the bolded.

When have I been unnecessarily nasty?

I said I didn't want to rehash this. And you immediately attacked me, again.

Here is what you wrote on that post

"I have been schooled on this thead about Simcha2's veracity. She calls white black and black white. You have to ignore her. I don't deal well with people who have credibility challenges."

The irony of calling me "unnecessarily nasty".

I specifically gave you way out to act as a mensch. And instead you went low. I didn't bring it up. You claimed that only liberals make insulting comments under amother and asked to be proved wrong.

Oh well, there goes another interesting thread.
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 4 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h