Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone been to Harry Potter world in England

devash1

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:32 pm
We have an opportunity to have a full day layover in England. I have a daughter that is a die-hard Harry Potter fan and this is her dream to go. I was wondering if anybody has gone there and can tell me what it's like. Also wondering if anybody went there from the airport and how you managed with transportation. It doesn't look like there any rides but maybe I am mistaken. Thanks

simcha2

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:22 pm
I assume you mean the Warner bros studio tour.

It's doable, but tickets have to be bought in advance and sell out a few months ahead.

dragoneye126

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 11:21 pm
I went with DH a few years ago before we had kids. We still not-so-jokingly refer to it as one of the best days of our lives! The tour is seriously amazing, even for those who were not very interested in the movies. The level of detail that went into creating that world is incredible. It is a schlep from London, though. You can get there on your own, or you can book a ride on the tour bus that picks up on Oxford Street (in a double-decker bus covered in a giant Voldemort).

ETA: it’s not an amusement park, it’s a movie studio filled with items from the movies, and you take an immersive tour through it. You see the sets, costumes, props, creatures, notes, and everything else.

devash1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 12:22 am
Thank you so much that is super helpful. I think with those responses that we are definitely going to do it. I am just worried about the transportation part. I'm hoping that the five of us will fit into 1 taxi. I am going alone with my kids so can't send anybody in a different taxi. I'm also wondering if there is a bus from the studio into London. Also is taking a taxi from the airport safe? We look pretty Jewish. Also are the prices set or can we get taken for a huge ride. We are definitely not big travelers just going in to visit my family.

Forgot to ask earlier how much time did you spend there? I really appreciate all of the help!

nicole81

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 12:52 am
devash1 wrote:
Thank you so much that is super helpful. I think with those responses that we are definitely going to do it. I am just worried about the transportation part. I'm hoping that the five of us will fit into 1 taxi. I am going alone with my kids so can't send anybody in a different taxi. I'm also wondering if there is a bus from the studio into London. Also is taking a taxi from the airport safe? We look pretty Jewish. Also are the prices set or can we get taken for a huge ride. We are definitely not big travelers just going in to visit my family.

Forgot to ask earlier how much time did you spend there? I really appreciate all of the help!

I know a minicab driver (a jewish woman, friend of the family) that uses a minivan. I can connect you with her if you pm me.

devash1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:09 am
Wow that would be amazing I'm sending you a p.m.!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:31 am
http://www.bettabus.com/index.html

This is a heimishe company. Everyone I know who uses it is happy!

devash1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:37 am
Thank you so much for that suggestion!knowing that I could have a Jewish religious taxi driver would take off tons of anxiety for me. I don't love it be situations especially in a foreign country.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:44 am
Me neither! I actually just went to the site to check out the reviews and now I'm even more impressed Smile

dragoneye126

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:54 am
We spent most of the day on the tour, including the trip from/to London. You could do it in less time, but be sure to leave at least several hours.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:04 am
Not to hijack, but what's the best/cheapest way to book tickets for this?

Also, is it reasonable when planning an itinerary in London over several days to dedicate one day to Harry Potter, starting at platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross and continuing to the studio tour?

devash1

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:38 pm
I would also love to know how to book tickets and if there's a cheaper way. Also nervous if our flight is delayed if we will totally miss our turn.I won't make it first thing in the morning but I don't want to spend hours waiting around either. I really hope this is a good idea!

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 5:23 pm
devash1 wrote:

You could go to Watford Junction Station then either get the shuttle bus that takes you to the studio or a couple of taxis from there.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:15 pm
How different is it from the place in Orlando? I was there years ago after it first opened & it was pretty amazing
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics