Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is Johnson baby bath unsafe?

a1mom!

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 1:29 pm
I keep hearing that it's not safe to use.
What does it contain that it's not safe to use?
At the moment I use Johnson baby bath and powder.
Do you use it ? What other makes are safe to use?

Thanks

Last edited by a1mom! on Wed, Feb 20 2019, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 1:30 pm
I use it. They're a huge company. I'd be shocked if it wasnt safe they'd be scared of lawsuits

Ellie7

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 1:34 pm
There’s an issue with talcum powder being carcinogenic, I believe. But I’ve never heard anything about the baby bath.

honeymoon

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:13 pm
I'm not sure what the problem is but there are some great natural alternatives which are reasonably priced. Would you try aveeno baby or 'oh! baby'? They are great products and definitely safe.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:16 pm
We've been using their head to toe body wash for 12 years.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:18 pm
But I wouldn't put any soap from any company into the bath water itself, for the baby to soak in, it that's what you're referring to. It can irritate the baby's v@gina.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:21 pm
Don’t know about dangerous but I found that their wash caused cradle cap on my babies head.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 3:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
But I wouldn't put any soap from any company into the bath water itself, for the baby to soak in, it that's what you're referring to. It can irritate the baby's v@gina.

Even bubble bath?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
Even bubble bath?

Yes it's very irritating.

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:21 pm
Our pediatrician said to use aveeno because Johnson can be drying

nicole81

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 4:44 pm
It's not unsafe, but I prefer to use more natural products. My favorite is California baby calendula shampoo and body wash.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 5:06 pm
Burt's Bees for Babies is an excellent line of products. Not very cheap, but the quality is great, and it lasts forever.

ectomorph

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 5:07 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Burt's Bees for Babies is an excellent line of products. Not very cheap, but the quality is great, and it lasts forever.

I really love their diaper rash cream.

lucky14

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 6:47 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I'd love to use that but it's too expensive for me. Is the best "budget friendly" alternative Aveeno (btw I'm almost positive it's owned by johnson & johnson)?

As for johnson & johnson I heard certain ingredients they use aren't the best but there is so much drama on the internet about this stuff I have no idea what to believe- if you've looked at the bottles recently they say they're free of certain things (not sure if they really have changed their formula for the better or if it's all a marketing thing). We've always used Aveeno- my son still had bad cradle cap and dry skin. Our doctor did say that Johnson & Johnson isn't as gentle on the skin.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:03 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

My baby is allergic to their fragrances. For those who have not used them yet, proceed with caution. I suggest trying a patch test first.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:05 pm
"Natural" stuff is a huge risk, because although we'd love to use all natural products, there are so many scammers out there that put unlabeled medications into their so-called "natural" products, especially when aimed toward skin care.

Every day another product is outed as containing unlabeled steroids or mercury.

Yes, there are real natural products, but we can't distinguish between the real and scam products without constant lab testing.

srbmom

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 7:14 pm
My pediatrician recommended Weleda Calendula Shampoo and Body Wash and it did wonders on my DDs cradle cap in a matter of days

veiznisht

Post Wed, Feb 20 2019, 9:00 pm
Baby powder is problematic in general now because talc can contain asbestos fibers which obviously cause cancer. It is most problematic for the mother who might breathe it in for years on end. Hospitals do not use it for this reason.

Baby bath I don't know how it is so different from any other brand.

smilethere

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:55 am
I don't like johnsohn's products as they give my children eczema. I find the cheapest sensitive own brands are usually far better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics