Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Driver wouldnt want someone hitting his child w car
1  2  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:25 am

BORO PARK INSANITY: Driver Takes Sidewalk as Children Exit Bus Into Yeshiva

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co.....t-bus

Was the driver a local? Frum?

Either way, he certainly wouldnt want to have someone almost hit one of his kids because theyre in a hurry.

But of course, some people dont think of others losses as their own.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:40 am
I saw somewhere that his wife was in labor.

Very, very stupid move.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:43 am
They tracked him down. I saw the video elsewhere. Glad he was apprehended. That bus aide needs to be drug tested. He's totally zoned out and does not seem like a responsible adult while this is happening.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:09 am
Change the title

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:16 am
amother wrote:
They tracked him down. I saw the video elsewhere. Glad he was apprehended. That bus aide needs to be drug tested. He's totally zoned out and does not seem like a responsible adult while this is happening.

He looked totally shocked to me. He didn't exactly expect a car to drive up behind him on the sidewalk. I wouldn't write him off as irresponsible

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:36 am
These busses completely block the street. Cars cant get through. If it was indeed an emergency, I think everyone of us would’ve done the same thing! And for what it’s worth, that bus aide looks like he was looking down at a device instead of at the kids.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:43 am
watergirl wrote:
These busses completely block the street. Cars cant get through. If it was indeed an emergency, I think everyone of us would’ve done the same thing! And for what it’s worth, that bus aide looks like he was looking down at a device instead of at the kids.

Knowing which cheder it is, I can guarantee he wasn't looking at a device. This is a cheder that makes rules a out it's parent body not owning or using smartphones. I can assure you those rules apply to their rebbes as well. And if one of them did use a smartphone, he would be certain not to take it out and use it on school property, as he would possibly be fired for it. Or not rehired for next year... More likely he was checking his watch is something. And looking down to the small kids to make sure they get onto the sidewalk safely. It didn't dawn on him that he needs to check behind him for cars, as if he was crossing a street! So absurd!

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:48 am
And no, my husband would never have done that even if I were in labor. A laboring woman who can't wait even 5 minutes for a bus to unload should have called hatzala. Anyone local knows that block has a cheder and wouldn't drive down there with a laboring woman in the car. It's not even close to the hospital. There were a million different ways to get to the hospital besides nearly driving over kids!

Besides, if ch"vs there was an emergency that warranted driving on.the sidewalk, he should have honked the entire way down to let the bus rebbe know he was coming, so the kids could be moved out of the way, not just drive up to them and catch them by surprise!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:51 am
He may not have had the state of mind to think and reflect

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:52 am
Rosemarie wrote:
Knowing which cheder it is, I can guarantee he wasn't looking at a device. This is a cheder that makes rules a out it's parent body not owning or using smartphones. I can assure you those rules apply to their rebbes as well. And if one of them did use a smartphone, he would be certain not to take it out and use it on school property, as he would possibly be fired for it. Or not rehired for next year... More likely he was checking his watch is something. And looking down to the small kids to make sure they get onto the sidewalk safely. It didn't dawn on him that he needs to check behind him for cars, as if he was crossing a street! So absurd!

I didnt say smartphone. I didnt even say phone. I said device. Look at him closely. He is looking down at his hands and there are earphones dangling. He is holding a device and headphones.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:53 am
Rosemarie wrote:
And no, my husband would never have done that even if I were in labor. A laboring woman who can't wait even 5 minutes for a bus to unload should have called hatzala. Anyone local knows that block has a cheder and wouldn't drive down there with a laboring woman in the car. It's not even close to the hospital. There were a million different ways to get to the hospital besides nearly driving over kids!

Besides, if ch"vs there was an emergency that warranted driving on.the sidewalk, he should have honked the entire way down to let the bus rebbe know he was coming, so the kids could be moved out of the way, not just drive up to them and catch them by surprise!

You are making a lot of assumptions in this post. Who says the driver was Jewish?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:54 am
Ruchel wrote:
He may not have had the state of mind to think and reflect

When someone murders another out of big rage, they don’t either have the state of mind to think and reflect.
Not an excuse.

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:57 am
I’m not defending or putting blame. Just saying that if it were an emergency, I would have done the same. Although with honking.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:10 am
watergirl wrote:
I didnt say smartphone. I didnt even say phone. I said device. Look at him closely. He is looking down at his hands and there are earphones dangling. He is holding a device and headphones.

No, I actually think that's his gartel. He is removing it from his waist and putting it away.
I'm on a small device so maybe I'm not seeing it clearly enough, but that's what it looks like to me

watergirl

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:22 am
Rosemarie wrote:
No, I actually think that's his gartel. He is removing it from his waist and putting it away.
I'm on a small device so maybe I'm not seeing it clearly enough, but that's what it looks like to me

That would make sense also.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:34 am
I saw the video and was horrified!!! He could’ve knocked down a little kid or two. At least honk and tell the bus rebbe to watch the kids a second while he does he dumb sidewalk move

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 10:18 am
Rosemarie wrote:

Not believing that any member of the parent body could possibly use a smartphone sounds naive to me.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 11:30 am
Anyone living in BP has seen lots of crazy drivers doing lots of crazy dangerous things. This isnt a lone occurrence! No way!

Will we ever know who the perp was? Its probably a rumor that the driver had a wife in labor.

Someone mustve said "Maybe his wife was in labor" and rumors get started that way.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 1:37 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Not believing that any member of the parent body could possibly use a smartphone sounds naive to me.

Of course a good part of the parent body probably has smartphones. But if you read what I wrote, I said that even if he has one, he wouldn't stand in front of the cheder, while on duty, using the smartphone. That would be a fire-able (is that how you say it?) offense. I know some parents who have smartphone. They wouldn't take it out of their pockets while on school property.
The chances of what he is holding being a smartphone are pretty slim to none (regardless of if he owns one or not.)

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:25 pm
As far as the teacher with the kids, had he been looking back, people would have said "hes probably on something, why wasnt he looking forward?"

No one can see whats behind them and isnt expected to!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries