Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Smollet VS. Roseanne Barr
1  2  Next

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:18 pm
Roseanne Barr’s career was immediately destroyed, she was fired from her show, she was shunned and vilified by everyone, especially the liberal Hollywood know-it-alls.
Contrast that with Smollet who is back at work as we speak, after committing a FELONY based on hate/racism. Have you heard Hollywood condemning him? What about the leftist, biased, fake news media? Not even an iota of what they did to Roseanne. A comment vs. a felony.

Why, you ask? Because Smollet’s target was Trump supporters. That’s all good for those lowlives.
Anyone who says there isn’t a blatant and disgusting double standard is a liar.

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:24 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Roseanne Barr’s career was immediately destroyed, she was fired from her show, she was shunned and vilified by everyone, especially the liberal Hollywood know-it-alls.
Contrast that with Smollet who is back at work as we speak, after committing a FELONY based on hate/racism. Have you heard Hollywood condemning him? What about the leftist, biased, fake news media? Not even an iota of what they did to Roseanne. A comment vs. a felony.

Why, you ask? Because Smollet’s target was Trump supporters. That’s all good for those lowlives.
Anyone who says there isn’t a blatant and disgusting double standard is a liar.

Smollett still has people supporting him as the victim. He's been framed by the Trump supporting cops.

My favorite politician AOC said, " This attack was not “possibly” homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack." There was no alleged at all. Today I read about the alleged hoax. This was after the black chief of police denounced him.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:27 pm
What Roseann did was black and white; there was no question about it, we all saw it.
Smollet hasn't been indicted yet. When he is, then I'd say it's time for him to be fired but until then, innocent until proven guilty.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:30 pm
Squishy wrote:
Smollett still has people supporting him as the victim. He's been framed by the Trump supporting cops.

My favorite politician AOC said, " This attack was not “possibly” homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack." There was no alleged at all. Today I read about the alleged hoax. This was after the black chief of police denounced him.

Do you think all those who rushed to support him and condemn the supposed beating of a gay black man, will now come out publicly, issue an apology and condemn HIM? Don’t hold your breath. There are 2 sets of standards in this country.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:32 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
What Roseann did was black and white; there was no question about it, we all saw it.
Smollet hasn't been indicted yet. When he is, then I'd say it's time for him to be fired but until then, innocent until proven guilty.

Like I said, don’t hold your breath, not one of those idiots will admit they jumped the gun, much less that his crime deserves punishment...

2cents

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 9:36 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

I didnt find her actions to be black and white at all. Shes always been a bit...off, and has talked openly about struggling with mental illness. She has no history of racist comments or behavior.

She tweeted out that a bi racial person looks like a mix of someone from planet of the apes and something else. This was taken to be racist because of the long and ugly history of monkey comments to the black community. Roseanne claims it had nothing to do with skin color, and that she didnt even know she was black. Having googled the person, I agree--I would not know shes of African American descent by looking at her.

To me, it seems pretty plausible that Roseanne was caught in a Twitter war with someone and called her a monkey, nothing to do with racism. I think it probably has a lot more to do with the pro trump message her show was sending.

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:06 pm
FWIW, he's been written off the show.

My question is why do you spend so much time on a frum woman's site posting irrelevant and ultimately meaningless right wing propaganda?

As a threat to democracy, you think Smollett is more important than Hasson, the Coast Guard officer, who was arrested for a scheme to assassinate Democratic leaders and news broadcasters.

In recent years, the government contends, Hasson has been on a weapons buying spree, collecting 15 firearms and more than 1,000 rounds of mixed ammunition — all of which were confiscated from Hasson's basement apartment last week.

During the raid, officials also discovered Hasson's computer, containing a spreadsheet that reportedly is a hit list of possible targets — high-ranking current and former Democratic politicians, activists, political organizations and media personalities.

In addition to Pelosi, Hasson was allegedly considering some type of violent assault on Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Richard Blumenthal, along with U.S. Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters and former House member, Beto O'Rourke. The spreadsheet list also included MSNBC hosts Chris Hayes and Joe Scarborough, as well as Don Lemon and Van Jones from CNN.

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:07 pm
allthingsblue wrote:

So getting fired is punishment enough? For committing a felony?

Cheiny

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:10 pm
2cents wrote:
I didnt find her actions to be black and white at all. Shes always been a bit...off, and has talked openly about struggling with mental illness. She has no history of racist comments or behavior.

She tweeted out that a bi racial person looks like a mix of someone from planet of the apes and something else. This was taken to be racist because of the long and ugly history of monkey comments to the black community. Roseanne claims it had nothing to do with skin color, and that she didnt even know she was black. Having googled the person, I agree--I would not know shes of African American descent by looking at her.

To me, it seems pretty plausible that Roseanne was caught in a Twitter war with someone and called her a monkey, nothing to do with racism. I think it probably has a lot more to do with the pro trump message her show was sending.

You’re exactly right. But the Trump-hating Hollywood liberals saw this as an opportunity to destroy a Trump supporter by screaming “racism,” which works every time, and is the same reason Obama got away unscathed, despite all the damage he caused during his presidency; because anyone who’d dare criticize any of his policies was immediately labeled a racist.

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:10 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Again what is your point.

He has been indicted and released on bail. The courts will settle on his guilt or innocence.

In the meantime, he has been effectively fired.

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:11 pm
Amarante wrote:

My question is why do you spend so much time on a frum woman's site posting irrelevant and ultimately meaningless right wing propaganda?

Yup. He’s officially fired Cheiny. Do you feel better now? Kinda funny how obsessed with him some amothers are, I’m sure they never heard of him or Empire until now.

Just another celebrity self-sabotaging himself. Kind of sad as Trump would say.

Maya

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:12 pm
Cheiny wrote:

If he is convicted of the felony, he will get whatever punishment the court hands down, likely jail time. What more do you want, a lynch mob?

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:12 pm
Amarante wrote:

Why do you spend so much time defending liberals and their ultimately indefensible actions and touting their meaningless propaganda? It's the pot calling the kettle black. Really ridiculous.

I am waiting for one liberal poster who can show both sides like fox.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:14 pm
[quote="Amarante"]FWIW, he's been written off the show.

My question is why do you spend so much time on a frum woman's site posting irrelevant and ultimately meaningless right wing propaganda.quote]

I’m sorry that conservative posts and support of Pres. Trump disturb you so much, but didn’t you really mean to say, “....THAT LIBERALS consider irrelevant and meaningless?” And someone could ask you the same, and just replace the words “right wing” with “liberal.”

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:16 pm
Amarante wrote:

Posting as a mod - Cheiny is posting her political thoughts. She is doing so without putting down any posters. She is free to do so in the proper places and if Yael wants her to stop, she will be asked to stop. You are free to scroll right past her posts if they bother you and not open them at all. Please stop attacking her in her threads.

Amarante

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:21 pm
She is free to post - I assume I am free to question how she selects topics to be posted?

I don't see this as an attack - but rather trying to glean some insight so I would honestly be interested in why it is viewed as an attack. I am not attempting to be obtuse but am genuinely confused.

Why a post on an actor which is essentially a meaningless event versus a post on Hossan who is a self proclaimed neo-Nazi?

ETA - FWIW, the OP asked me the same question - I don't perceive it as a personal attack although I don't accept the accuracy of her statement regarding the nature of my posts and therefore don't feel the need to respond.

Are attacks on the Democratic leadership by a Neo-Nazi only something a "liberal" would be concerned about?

Last edited by Amarante on Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Maya

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:22 pm
watergirl wrote:
Posting as a mod - Cheiny is posting her political thoughts. She is doing so without putting down any posters. She is free to do so in the proper places and if Yael wants her to stop, she will be asked to stop. You are free to scroll right past her posts if they bother you and not open them at all. Please stop attacking her in her threads.

With all due respect, your claim that she does so without putting down any posters is wrong. She puts down liberal posters as a whole. Her constant barrage of hate-spewing threads and posts directed at liberal posters, with her harsh language and condescending tone, has reached the point of online bullying. Honestly, I’m surprised Yael has not put a stop to amd allows this hate mongering and extreme divisiveness to continue with no consequences.

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:28 pm
Maya wrote:
With all due respect, your claim that she does so without putting down any posters is wrong. She puts down liberal posters as a whole. Her constant barrage of hate-spewing threads and posts directed at liberal posters, with her harsh language and condescending tone, has reached the point of online bullying. Honestly, I’m surprised Yael has not put a stop to amd allows this hate mongering and extreme divisiveness to continue with no consequences.

Honestly, politics annoy me and I dont enter these threads unless it seems like there is a need to. I see what is reported. Please report when you see online bullying. I was referring to her OP like this one, which is not calling anyone out.

itsmeima

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:29 pm
Amarante wrote:

As a threat to democracy, you think Smollett is more important than Hasson, the Coast Guard officer, who was arrested for a scheme to assassinate Democratic leaders and news broadcasters.

In recent years, the government contends, Hasson has been on a weapons buying spree, collecting 15 firearms and more than 1,000 rounds of mixed ammunition — all of which were confiscated from Hasson's basement apartment last week.

During the raid, officials also discovered Hasson's computer, containing a spreadsheet that reportedly is a hit list of possible targets — high-ranking current and former Democratic politicians, activists, political organizations and media personalities.

In addition to Pelosi, Hasson was allegedly considering some type of violent assault on Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, Sens. Elizabeth Warren, Kamala Harris, Kirsten Gillibrand and Richard Blumenthal, along with U.S. Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Maxine Waters and former House member, Beto O'Rourke. The spreadsheet list also included MSNBC hosts Chris Hayes and Joe Scarborough, as well as Don Lemon and Van Jones from CNN.

This is so disturbing! Yet here we are talking about AOC, Hillary and Smollett!

Go figure!

watergirl

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 12:30 pm
Amarante wrote:
She is free to post - I assume I am free to question how she selects topics to be posted?

I don't see this as an attack - but rather trying to glean some insight so I would honestly be interested in why it is viewed as an attack. I am not attempting to be obtuse but am genuinely confused.

Why a post on an actor which is essentially a meaningless event versus a post on Hossan who is a self proclaimed neo-Nazi?

ETA - FWIW, the OP asked me the same question - I don't perceive it as a personal attack although I don't accept the accuracy of her statement regarding the nature of my posts and therefore don't feel the need to respond.

It was the tone of your post that made it into what I saw as an attack. If you wanted to know why she selects topics, you could have asked her point blank and left out the commentary with the amount of time she spends selecting the posts or the frum womens website.

Again, if you feel mean posts are directed at you, please report them so I see it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics