Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp maarava and bnos maarava

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 1:25 pm
Hi can anyone help me out and tell me what kind of girls go there what kind of crowd what the difference between the camps are etc...my daughter is curium 9th grade and I am desperate to find a camp for her this summer that still has spots available

mha3484

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 1:32 pm
Bnos Maarava in Indiana is a bais yaakov camp. I would say it caters to the more RW crowd based on my friends and neighbors who send their girls there. All are very yeshivish really nice girls. The more yeshivish-light tend to go to Agudah Midwest.

Caveat: My kids are still little so I only know what my neighbors and friends with older kids tell me.

slpmom

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 2:25 pm
It's the same camp, official name is camp bnos maarava but most people just call it maarava. I would say the crowd is typical yeshivish.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Feb 22 2019, 2:48 pm
My girls go to Maarava (Bnos Maarava but everyone just calls it Maarava) and love it. We're OOT chilled yeshivish. They're made really good friends there from all over - Chicago, Baltimore, Miami, Passaic, Lakewood, Detroit.... Really nice girls and they have a lot of fun and grow too. It's not for kids that are into phones/social media/gashmius. Mainstream OOT chilled yeshivish crowd. It's unfortunately not likely that'd you'd get in now, though - the waitlist is huge.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children