Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Yeshiva w/ dorm-oot yeshivish ,very smart,not great socially

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 10:42 pm
Looking for a high school yeshiva for a smart boy who can learn.

He's in a mainstream school right now which is rather big, I'm thinking a smaller place with really nice boys, maybe some behavior issues but still has to learn on a high level, and also normal yeshivish. white shirt/black hat but not greasy.

He behaves well for hebrew but not always for english studies
He has some social struggles so he has trouble making good friends even though he's not shy and some kids bother/pick on him.

Not looking for a place that teaches trades, he can learn, looking for a mainstream learning yeshiva but one that can handle his somewhat out of the box personality. Would need to have a dorm. Any ideas?

amother
Amethyst

Post Sat, Feb 23 2019, 11:43 pm
Yeshiva Toras Chaim, Denver?

Chavas

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 12:49 am
Shaarei Adirim-Chicago

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 12:58 am
I've heard a lot of positive about Sharei Adirim, but isn't it for boys who aren't top learners? My son needs a challenging learning program. That's the easiest aspect of yeshiva for him. It's the social and behavior aspects that are challenging for him.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 12:59 am
Chavas wrote:
Shaarei Adirim-Chicago

Sorry meant to quote this on my last post. not sure if you get a notification when quoted so posting again in case you do Smile

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 1:11 am
Missouri Torah Institute - St. Louis

Chavas

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 1:31 am
I think you should speak to Rabbi Elbaum. He'll know the level of learning. My understanding is they are good boys, some may be a bit awkward, but no behavior issues. They try to give them a balanced day.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 3:09 am
amother wrote:
Missouri Torah Institute - St. Louis

Thanks, I just looked at their website, looks like a great school but my son probably needs a place a little more yeshivish.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 3:09 am
Chavas wrote:
I think you should speak to Rabbi Elbaum. He'll know the level of learning. My understanding is they are good boys, some may be a bit awkward, but no behavior issues. They try to give them a balanced day.

Thank you!

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 3:53 am
Speak to rabbi Strauss - Lakewood

He is able to lead each boy to the right mesivta. He doesn’t charge and has a knack for this.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 6:27 am
Shaarei Adirim does not have a proper dorm situation, they live in basements of people's houses with no connection to the family in the house and no on site supervision . For English studies they just switched to a computer program. There are a lot of extra curricular classes too

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 2:48 pm
amother wrote:
Speak to rabbi Strauss - Lakewood

He is able to lead each boy to the right mesivta. He doesn’t charge and has a knack for this.

do you have his number?

doctorima

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 3:23 pm
I'm not that poster, but his # is 732-370-2874. It's almost never answered, so you have to leave a message. And know that he is beyond crazy busy, so you have to be (respectfully) persistent to get his attention and focus, so if you don't hear back, call every 2-3 days until you get through.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics