Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Small yerusha - the dilemma
Previous  1  2

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 6:56 pm
I think most people wouldn’t agree but I would buy the Sheital and put the rest away. Don’t underestimate the power something new will do for your confidence, and how you face the world . Good luck to you and hope your financial situation improves !!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 8:40 pm
if your pay as a couple is that low, do you qualify for medicaid or food stamps or such? if so, did this windfall kick you off? If so, purchasing health insurance and food will now get expensive if your income isn't increasing so much that it might be a wash.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 12:14 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:
if your pay as a couple is that low, do you qualify for medicaid or food stamps or such? if so, did this windfall kick you off? If so, purchasing health insurance and food will now get expensive if your income isn't increasing so much that it might be a wash.

Students aren't eligible for foodstamps. (Only the non-student spouse qualifies, so you have to make a lower than low income to qualify)

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 12:44 pm
TwinsMommy wrote:

We don't live in the US but thanks for your post because I didn't even thought about our gov programs! I need to check how to explain them that at least 2000$ went to the rent and that only less than 2000$ will actually go into the savings account.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 12:50 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
I think most people wouldn’t agree but I would buy the Sheital and put the rest away. Don’t underestimate the power something new will do for your confidence, and how you face the world . Good luck to you and hope your financial situation improves !!

Thanks and amen!

About the sheitel, I think I'm going to put 250$ or so aside just for a sheitel and I'll put aside whenever I can. The sheitel situation is not urgent bh. The one I have is still looking great, it's just that having a second one would be nice.

Anyway today I just bought one cute pair of shoes and 4 beautiful tops and I'm so happy bh!
The last thing I bought for myself besides stockings was a 3$ t-shirt this last summer...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics