Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Common Core History Regents Exam

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 12:39 pm
I teach high school American History and was just updated that the regent is expected to change to common core in the upcoming year. Anyone is a high school history teacher on here? This change is going to be pretty difficult :/

chestnut

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 1:29 pm
I'm not a teacher, but what does it mean, practically speaking?

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 6:13 pm
The entire exam is changing. They’re doing completely different kinds of questions and essays. More focused on interpreting documents and comparing history to contemporary issues.

happy12

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:13 pm
Is June 2019 still the old regent?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:59 pm
The regent will officially change in June 2021. However, many schools do it as a two year course and need to start changing now for the next school year. I would love to see samples

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
The regent will officially change in June 2021. However, many schools do it as a two year course and need to start changing now for the next school year. I would love to see samples

I would love to see samples too. It doesn’t seem like there are any samples yet:/. If it’s changing in 2021 then they don’t have to implement changes yet. Only next year. And I think it’s only officially changing in 2021 August.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 12:18 am
amother wrote:
I would love to see samples too. It doesn’t seem like there are any samples yet:/. If it’s changing in 2021 then they don’t have to implement changes yet. Only next year. And I think it’s only officially changing in 2021 August.

From what I understand, the email said August from the Jewish Board, but if you clicked in to the actual message from the Board of Ed, it said June.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 9:34 am
I will check it out again then. It’s good to know that it’s June 2021. That means next year I have to switch around my exams already. Hmm...... I teach in a different school too that does not take regents. Maybe it’s worth it to just drop the regent school Sad.... Although the changes are probably good, it’s such a headache as a teacher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics