Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Covering curly hair

Ms Muggle

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:19 pm
Lately I've been using the Curly Girl method so my natural curls dry full and alive out of the shower. Problem is, after covering them up with a wig all day, they're crushed and lose the body and bounce. Does anyone else keep their hair naturally curly? Any tips for maintaining the curls even when they're covered most of the time?

adventuresOOT

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 11:25 pm
Following. I have the same problem and have been thinking about posting this same question!

Ms Muggle

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 7:25 pm
Bump

saralem

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 8:42 pm
Nope. Flat and shmushed. I gave up.

Lesia

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 8:45 pm
I don’t think it’s possible.

(I just heard of the Curly Girl method two days ago! It sounds so interesting. Are you really seeing a difference?)

paperflowers

Post Mon, Feb 25 2019, 9:22 pm
I would love to know the secret, if there is one. My hair is definitely still pretty and curly, but no, it doesn't have the same bounce at the end of the day.

Ms Muggle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:17 am
Lesia wrote:
I just heard of the Curly Girl method two days ago! It sounds so interesting. Are you really seeing a difference?)

Yes, I absolutely see a difference! It took a bit of time to make progress because I thought I could skip some of the steps, but that didn't work. I had to really commit to the process: washing my hair with conditioner only, using lots of gel, and either waiting for my hair to fully dry before going to sleep or plopping overnight (you can google that). My curls are much more defined and have lost almost all of their frizz. My next project is figuring out how to make them look fuller, since I have very thin hair. Not sure if that'll just take some more time on the method.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels