Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Full Time Nanny/Babysitter

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 9:57 am
I have full time child care in my home due to my working hours and the flexibility I need. I HATE having someone in my home. Even though I have been doing this for years, I still hate it and have not been able to accept it. I try to think of it as my "nisayon in life" but it doesn't make it any better or easier. In my community there are no long hour babysitter programs I could send my youngest to and there is no after school program at my kid's schools. So in home help is my only option. I have had many, many different babysitters in my home and it seems very challenging for them to be with multiple children. We have 3 kids, 2 are in school for 6 out of the 9 hours the babysitter is here and it still seems too challenging for them. I feel bad because my kids are really very nice and good, but they need attention and consistency and the babysitters don't seem to care too much. Also, I pay absolute top dollar, more than my neighbors, in order that I should find someone good that will not quit but nothing seems to work. I am working full time out of necessity and I do not have guilt about that as I understand we are grownups and need to pay bills and I am happy to support my family together with my husband. Any advice on managing the hired help or feeling better about it or the chaos I come home to?

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 10:03 am
Im not sure this will work but can you send you the 3rd kid for those 3 hours? Then you only need 3 hours babysitting and the babysitter might not be so burnt out by the time the kids come home. And have someone else do basic tidying / cleaning. (I'm assuming that's part of the job)
Again might not work for you.
Also, maybe set a schedule for the nanny?

My sil is like you, but my aunt is their nanny. And she absolutely loves her nieces and great nieces (much more than 3 kids). She cooks and looks after the house too. Sil also has a cleaning lady comes every morning to wash up/make beds....
She is well aware that she is very very lucky. A full time nanny is VERY hard to find.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 11:15 am
I'm sorry 😔 I've had luck with full time nannies who were truly patient, loving and attentive to three kids. But I'll admit that they're hard to find.

nchr

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 11:17 am
You should try to have one consistent babysitter in order to address the chaos. Your kids will respect her and she'll know the ins and outs of your home. It will help tremendously.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 11:21 am
nchr wrote:
You should try to have one consistent babysitter in order to address the chaos. Your kids will respect her and she'll know the ins and outs of your home. It will help tremendously.

I have one person in my home now all day from 8 am - 6pm.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Feb 26 2019, 11:58 am
I was a nanny.. they had cleaning help for 4 hours a day aswell. So I was really just taking care of the kids and the only thing I had to do extra was helping with shabbos prep (challah/cholent).
Being a nanny is a tough job. But I hope you find someone who loves your kids. I loved those kids.. still miss them sometimes. If I didn't have a family I'd wanna be a full time nanny again. It was always my dream job. 3 kids isn't too hard.. I worked with 5. It was challenging but during the day the older ones are in school anyway. I hope you find someone who truly wants to do this!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics