Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What's your deep, dark, secret ambition?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:37 pm
amother wrote:
Im surprised no one said this, To take my children to the Bais Hamikdash. To see Yerushalaim in it's glory, to see the Kohanim bringing Korbanos and hear the Leviim saying Shir Hamaalos.

That's not dark. We are all dreaming of that.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:51 pm
To be a famous political writer

orchidee

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:11 pm
Such a great thread!

-Go to culinary school
-Become and OB/GYN who practices like a midwife (meaning natural-minded practice)
-Spend down-time painting
-Have a big beautiful house with a dreamy garden
-Be the best wife and mother (not dark I know)
-Learn lots of hashkafa, and in general far more reading than I do now...

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:22 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
That's not dark. We are all dreaming of that.

I was about to say just that!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:37 pm
to have a model figure.

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 3:04 pm
Laiya wrote:
To reform our school system. To restructure it such that students with all different types of intelligence, not just ability to memorize, are nurtured.

On that note I’d love to open a Montessori school

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:
I want to learn how to lein

I want to do siyum hashas! Thinking about starting when this cycle is finished, but I'm scared I won't be able to keep it up.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:11 pm
zahava- have you ever been to a montessouri school? My kids go to one. I know a number of kids that it just didn't work for and they are thriving elsewhere.

imorethanamother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:14 pm
Fox wrote:
Write romance novels.

I WOULD SPONSOR THIS PUBLICATION. I would also read the heck out of them. I also fully expect the hero to be at least 20 years younger than the heroine. Wink

Zehava

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
zahava- have you ever been to a montessouri school? My kids go to one. I know a number of kids that it just didn't work for and they are thriving elsewhere.

Interesting
I just think it would work for my kids so I’d love to have such an option available

icebreaker

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 6:44 pm
nchr wrote:
Are you interested in flying smaller planes? You could take lessons.

True! It's definitely something to think about.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:40 pm
to get rid of my depression and anxiety so that I can have ambition for something
To make good friends

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 8:31 pm
I want to REALLY learn how to dance. I am a good dancer (throughout highschool, camp performances...although I haven't performed in years...)
But I want to dance like dancing with the stars. The training is so healthy and it would make me feel so strong and confident.

aricelli

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 9:36 pm
To take a solo vacation

cozyblanket

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 9:56 pm
icebreaker wrote:
True! It's definitely something to think about.

I would worry. There are so many accidents with small planes.

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 10:01 pm
cozyblanket wrote:
I would worry. There are so many accidents with small planes.

Learning to fly and flying are safe. Many of the accidents you hear about were from years ago and/or occurred outside of the US. Also, 3/4 of small plane accidents are like "fender benders" associated with landings and flying is the safest mode of transportation, including small aircraft. Obtaining a license involves rigorous training and testing. If it is a dream of hers, she should be able to pursue it, if feasible and there is no safety reason not to.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 10:10 pm
flying is a dream of my dh and he is currently taking flying lessons. it really is "no joke".

He's spent hours reading the manual before even signing up for his first lesson. His lessons are an hour in the air plus additional time on the ground so each lesson ends up being awhile. He's been recording the lessons in the air so he can review them at night As he gets more experienced he'll be in the air more. He was told he'll probably need a minimum of 60 hrs in the air. He also needed a medical clearance from a doctor who is approved for this which he recently got.

He's reassured me of the safety of flying Wink, he said its safer then driving. My dh is responsible and while not overly fearsome he won't do stuff that it is overly dangerous- he's got a wife and kids to take care of Wink

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 10:12 pm
amother wrote:
Open a school program for frum kids who are really bright and have really deficient social and life skills. It will teach them on grade level or above, with help as needed to accomodate for deficiencies and to build in study skills, and have resources to connect them to accelerated practical and research opportunities in their fields of interest (and provide support as needed). And it will also teach them practical skills like executive functioning, how to deal with different types of people in different settings, and general life and planning skills. And of course therapy for anxiety, and practical training for how to deal with bullying.

Are you in Monsey? I wish your dream comes true!

peacenine

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 11:42 pm
orchidee wrote:
Such a great thread!

-Go to culinary school
-Become and OB/GYN who practices like a midwife (meaning natural-minded practice)
-Spend down-time painting
-Have a big beautiful house with a dreamy garden
-Be the best wife and mother (not dark I know)
-Learn lots of hashkafa, and in general far more reading than I do now...

Are you me?
These are all my ambitions. I would only change the ob/gyn to a nutritionist/health food coach to teach people how to eat the foods their body needs to thrive.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 12:27 am
Start my own magazine.

It would be geared towards women who enjoy quality writing that opens their minds and doesn't question their intelligence. It would cover all kinds of topics for a mature audience (maybe Mikva, stories from wives of SAs, the way our community handles/protects abusers) etc) and yes, it would have pics of women. Not in ads, but headshots of all writers and subjects of features.

It's a long standing dream of mine. Maybe one day...
Page 7 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics