Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why the water?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:14 am
I went to Walmart and restocked on my detergents, cleaning agents, and a bunch of other misc items. The total was about $200.00. Why did the guy at the door that checks the receipts only scan the water to see if it was paid for on my receipt? The detergent that I purchased was 4 times the price of the water but he didn't bother looking for it.
I always wondered about this. Why is their hangup about the cases of water? Is this the biggest money loss at Walmart?
Any insight?

yksraya

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:20 am
Well, not to be rude, but it's well known that many wal mart employees are not exactly the brightest...

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:22 am
It could also be a bit of profiling. OP looked honest.

groovy1224

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:25 am
Is the water maybe stacked somewhere near the exit where it's possible for people to pay for their items and then grab some water and throw it in the cart too?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:26 am
Squishy wrote:
It could also be a bit of profiling. OP looked honest.

The guy that's usually there, usually sees me and just waves me on. But the 'religious' employees, stop every single person and scan the list of stuff and look into the wagon.
But my question was not really about their practice of looking if your wagon load matches the receipt. My question was, that 95% of the time, they'll just look for the water purchase on the receipt and then check the receipt off. And that brings me back to, why the water?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:26 am
I always find it interesting when the bus does random ticket checks. Yesterday I got asked to show my bus pass, and the elderly lady next to me didn't. I turned to her and said "I guess I look a lot more suspicious than you do!" and we had a good laugh about it.

Little old ladies get away with murder. Something to look forward too, I guess. Wink

mommyla

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:32 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Is the water maybe stacked somewhere near the exit where it's possible for people to pay for their items and then grab some water and throw it in the cart too?

Or because people often put the water bottles underneath the cart (I know I do) and may forget to pay for them.

Snow White

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:34 am
Was the water on the shelf under the shopping cart? Many times people put the water there and then while unloading cart to pay they simply forget about the water underneath. So they would check to see that u paid for it.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:35 am
The water was in the wagon. 2 cases with the bags on top of it and around it were the big bulky detergent bottles, 150 oz.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:39 am
Doesnt the cashier put a sticker with a barcode on an item in the wagon for the guy to scan when you leave? Like a proof that you paid for everything.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:39 am
Any item that isn't in a bag is subject to be scanned. They also want to make sure that the cashier didn't forget to charge for it, since often they don't require you to put it on the he belt.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:47 am
The paid sticker wasn't visible with the bags on top?

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:49 am
They don't do the stickers like Shoprite does. The detergent bottles were not bagged either.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 11:53 am
Oh well. Random spot checking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics