Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is social work (BSW then LCSW) the path for me?
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 6:24 am
Psych nurse?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 6:49 am
amother wrote:
I hope you won't mind answering a few questions. Are you in therapy yourself? Have you been in therapy in the past? The reason I'm asking is to find out if a therapist's own self work can increase her abilities to do this emotionally draining work.

Been in therapy for a few years.

mha3484

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 7:17 am
I know when we were exploring options for therapy for my son, we were told he can learn social skills in talk therapy or with a speech therapist. If that is an interest of yours maybe also look into speech therapy in addition to social work?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:16 am
What agency pays $80-120 a session? Non-Jewish agencies that take insurance (and it takes 3 months to get you on insurance) will split the cost with you 40/60 or 50/50 or will straight up tell you that they are paying between 22-35 an hour. I kid you not. You could make more money doing in-community work (maybe that's what you do because you said you have very few hours) which means travelling around (good luck with Lakewood traffic) to people's houses which can be very unpleasant at times to put it mildly.

If you have interest in speech therapy, the expectations and pressure are much lower so it's much easier .
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics