Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Lkwd at.Tzipora,Teh.Chaya Sara,Bnos Penina-which HS send to?

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:10 pm
Which hs those girls go to?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:14 pm
All high schools, though a majority goes to Bnos Bais Yaakov.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:34 pm
Chayalle wrote:
All high schools, though a majority goes to Bnos Bais Yaakov.

Any significant numbers going to Yesodos?

I just heard rumor that many girls from those schools are applying to chedvas by (Bnos Brocha hs) as their first choice for next year.

Ps I’m Asking online bec. Individuals irl are often hush hush about where they’re applying, so I can’t get a real picture from speaking to people directly.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 1:39 pm
amother wrote:
Any significant numbers going to Yesodos?

I just heard rumor that many girls from those schools are applying to chedvas by (Bnos Brocha hs) as their first choice for next year.

Ps I’m Asking online bec. Individuals irl are often hush hush about where they’re applying, so I can’t get a real picture from speaking to people directly.

I don't know about Yesodos. It's possible.

Yeah, I remember that when my DD was in 8th grade, everyone was hus-hush about their choices. The reasoning may be to avoid hurting those who don't get it. The flip side is that we didn't really know where girls in her class were going, and had to make our choices pretty independently (besides for her few close friends whose mothers I knew well and spoke to directly...)

Your daughter's teachers may also be a good source of information for you. I highly recommend communicating with them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:07 pm
Is there a away to find out more or less reliably who’s going to the new Bnos Brocha hs?

I tried speaking with them but for obviously I don’t know for sure whom they’re accepting, both as to what their true plans are, and as to how it’s going to play out in the end, maybe they will have to change their original plans based on the availability of students who will be steered toward them.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 2:56 pm
Originally I heard that Bnos Brocha was going to open up with Bais Faiga and try to merge girls from both those schools. According to letters that went out, there is no mention of Bais Faigas name. I guess it’s a wait and see approach to as what type of girls they want and get. High School acceptance is not going to be easy this year. I’m getting nervous for next year with mine.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 3:21 pm
amother wrote:
Originally I heard that Bnos Brocha was going to open up with Bais Faiga and try to merge girls from both those schools. According to letters that went out, there is no mention of Bais Faigas name. I guess it’s a wait and see approach to as what type of girls they want and get. High School acceptance is not going to be easy this year. I’m getting nervous for next year with mine.

I never heard of their new high school having anything to do with bais Faiga.

I’m dealing with the process now, and it’s so not clear what crowd they’re forming for their first class. I want to find out as much as a can to make the right decision. That is of course if my dd gets accepted to more than one place lol.

What is bais kaila crowd like these days?

Good luck to you next year!
ETA: by next year, beh, you’ll have more information about the new schools, like bb hs, and aderes for example.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children