Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
High fever 6 yrs. old complaining he feels he's flying
1  2  Next

Oops

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:23 pm
Hi,

My 6 year old woke up this morning with high fever. The weired thing is he complained he feels like he's high, and flying, every time he woke up from sleep, also when his fever was down. He was teriffied, clinging on to me as if his life depended on it!!!
It wasn't a feeling that he's "falling", if you know what I mean. He's very verbal and explained himself very clearly.

I never had this before with any of my kids. Any idea what can cause it? Should I be concerned/take him to the Dr.?

Thanks!!

simba

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:25 pm
I would call my pediatricians office and ask the Dr.
how high is he fever?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:27 pm
Sounds like it may be the flu. How is he now?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:32 pm
It's a hallucination from the fever. I had this as a child when I had high fever, and one of my kids has had it once or twice. Can you try to keep the fever down?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:48 pm
He might he dizzy from dehydration. I would bring it up with the doctor.

gold21

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 4:54 pm
Keep the fever down as best you can- wake him when he's sleeping to give next dose of Motrin/Tylenol.

You can alternate Motrin/Tylenol every three hours so the fever stays down and doesn't spike between doses and then have to be brought down again. Just alternate the medications every three hours.

Hydrate.

And keep an eye on him.

Refuah Sheleimah!

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 5:45 pm
My dh gets hallucinations from fever. By him he said the world around him either turns very big or very small. He remembers walking down steps as a child and then starting to scream because the next step was to far for him to step onto. He’s had it as an adult to.
Doctor told us it’s ok.
One dc has it once, and was screaming at us go away you’re scary looking. He literally ran around the table away from us. He still remembers that a few years later.
But as soon as Motrin kicked in they feel better.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 6:06 pm
Could it be like on the brink of losing consciousness?

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 6:08 pm
Hi fever can also bring on seizures is it likely something like that?

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 6:12 pm
Omg dankbar, not at all. Hallucinations from high fever are harmless. And febrile seizures usually happen from a sudden spike, unrelated to hallucinations.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:00 pm
Definitely takehim to doctor!! Maybe he needs antibiotics

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:33 pm
How hi is fever?

oneofakind

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 7:39 pm
I had the floaty/spacy feeling from a high fever and DD had total hallucinations from her fever. When fever went down and we felt better it went away.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 8:06 pm
Oops wrote:
Hi,

My 6 year old woke up this morning with high fever. The weired thing is he complained he feels like he's high, and flying, every time he woke up from sleep, also when his fever was down. He was teriffied, clinging on to me as if his life depended on it!!!
It wasn't a feeling that he's "falling", if you know what I mean. He's very verbal and explained himself very clearly.

I never had this before with any of my kids. Any idea what can cause it? Should I be concerned/take him to the Dr.?

Thanks!!

This one falls under the category of (and SCREAMS) TAKE HIM TO THE DR.!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 28 2019, 9:14 pm
Check out vertigo

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 6:50 am
I had this as a child. Please take him to the doctor, just to be on the safe side. In my case, it was a sinus infection that was so far back in my face that I didn't have any outward signs of having a cold or flu, no mucus or anything. Everything was compacted and pressing on my brain.

24 hours of antibiotics, and it cleared up fairly well, but make sure you finish the antibiotics!

I still get random sinus infections for no reason, but now I know to catch them at the first symptom and run to the doctor. I've already had two this year.

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:12 am
Any update OP?

shanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:15 am
Wow, my dd also said everything seems small when she was recovering from the flu

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:46 am
My dad saw a bear. That's fever. Do NOT let him like that.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:56 am
My neoghbir had no fever. Just feeling weak. Then crazy real sounding hallucinations. He even convinced his wife that it's real.
Then the hallucinations turned crazy and he called a friend to talk about it.
Turns out he had a walking pneumonia and his brain was lacking oxygen and that was causing hallucinations.

Take him to the doctor.

If it's just so marking from the fever, then the doctor will tell you and you'll know for next time. But first please take him to the doctor.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children