Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Social Media Sharks

Ravenclaw

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:13 am
They smell the blood... and pounce.
Here’s why I don’t get. Look at the attention the Covington students got. That a drumming kallah is getting.
While interesting, I don’t believe they warrant this level of attention. Things that would have cause shrugs, maybe some conversation once upon a time, are now huge news topics, often garnering more attention than international headlines!
I remember my reaction when watching the original Covington video. I was waiting to see IT. The great horrible misdeed that spurred people to send these kids death threats. I was thinking along the lines of the boy punching him in the face, etc. BUT NOTHING HAPPENED.
I feel the same way about the kallah now. Whatever, whether you think it was right or wrong it isn’t a big deal either way.
I can’t stand how things get blown out of proportion.
It’s ridiculous.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:20 am
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a.....llips

Most of the trolls I encounter in Twitter appear to be left wing. Some even seem to do it as a business like the krassenstien brothers. Which reminds me of a thread I'd like to start. Another day. Of course that could be because right wing trolls wouldn't target me.

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:24 am
Does anyone else here active on Twitter get the PM trolls? Like "hi you look so pretty".

I don't even have a profile pic.

I just block but it seems like such an odd type of troll

Fox

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 1:48 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Does anyone else here active on Twitter get the PM trolls? Like "hi you look so pretty".

I don't even have a profile pic.

I just block but it seems like such an odd type of troll

No, but the Georgia Log Cabin Republicans keep getting knocked off my fellows. Every time it happens, they re-follow me and apologize, as if they're worried I'm sitting around thinking, "OMG! Are the Georgia Log Cabin Republicans mad at me?"

It's a little more Southern politeness than Twitter usually engenders, and while more politeness is always welcome, I never quite know how to respond.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 12:41 pm
Fox wrote:
No, but the Georgia Log Cabin Republicans keep getting knocked off my fellows. Every time it happens, they re-follow me and apologize, as if they're worried I'm sitting around thinking, "OMG! Are the Georgia Log Cabin Republicans mad at me?"

It's a little more Southern politeness than Twitter usually engenders, and while more politeness is always welcome, I never quite know how to respond.

The correct answer is "Well bless your pea pickin' little heart!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics