Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight loss craving help
1  2  Next

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 9:11 am
I’ve lost 20 lbs in several months, it went quite smooth only couple weeks of maintain or gain.

Need to lose 20 more but I’m battling cravings stronger than I’ve had before. Really having a hard time. Im exercising and drinking and distracting myself but the cravings last all day.

I’m looking for encouragement and ideas to help me push through.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:26 am
STop all carbs. Stop all Fruit, grains, sweeteners( even low calorie) and starches go cold turkey. As soon as you hit ketosis, your cravings will stop. Eat protein, fat and vegetables only, and if you need to eat a craving, eat only this things. Also salt really helps.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Surrendered

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 10:48 am
Maybe try to fill up with protein shakes, so you won't feel hungry or cravings.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Mar 01 2019, 11:25 am
Surrendered wrote:
Maybe try to fill up with protein shakes, so you won't feel hungry or cravings.

Protein shakes are not going to help cravings. Cravings are not about being hungry.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 11:23 am
That makes sense.
The first month was so strict- no carbs or fruit or dairy.
And I was thirsty all the time, I was drinking so much I couldn’t eat.

Do I need to cut dairy too or can I have a cofee?

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 12:03 pm
plan cheatdays with food you really enjoy.-obviously dont eat 10 amrsbars etc. but if you feel like crsis or a chocolate bar, why not eat in moderat doses what you enjoy.

I lost 15 pounds recently (still 5 poounds to go) and I stuck to a programme but also included snacks and off programme food in smaller doses on regular basis, this way I knew I could have what I enjoy /crave...I must say I dont crave much anymore. it might be psychological: I know I could have EVERYthing nothing is really forbidden .

yes my programme wouöldnt work if I ate only junk and nosh. obviously 95% of my foodintake is healthy protein based fresh ...

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
That makes sense.

I add salt to my diet. It’s very important!

If your cravings started up after you added those things back in, you know what you need to do.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
plan cheatdays with food you really enjoy.-obviously dont eat 10 amrsbars etc. but if you feel like crsis or a chocolate bar, why not eat in moderat doses what you enjoy.

I lost 15 pounds recently (still 5 poounds to go) and I stuck to a programme but also included snacks and off programme food in smaller doses on regular basis, this way I knew I could have what I enjoy /crave...I must say I dont crave much anymore. it might be psychological: I know I could have EVERYthing nothing is really forbidden .

yes my programme wouöldnt work if I ate only junk and nosh. obviously 95% of my foodintake is healthy protein based fresh ...

This would kill me. I cannot eat off my plan ever. And I don’t want to. The peace in my head and body is too precious. And its been a year and 9 .5 months since I ate off plan. Plan for me, refers to my plan, for me. Nothing worked for me until I got extreme. And then it REALLY worked for me.

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Mar 02 2019, 8:38 pm
amother wrote:
That makes sense.

Forgot to say- coffee is great! With heavy cream
!

chaniej

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:59 am
I found eating super balanced to help kick cravings. (I also am not eating gluten carbs or sugar) I make sure to have a carb, protein, fat, and fruit/ veg every meal. I don't snack... just a tea or coffee if I need it. Drink tons of water.
When I started I needed a snack so I would have carrots with hummus or apples with almond butter.

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:23 am
I’m also loosing weight and I find that eating things high in protein take away the cravings.

I’ve been eating 0% fat plain Greek yogurt. I add in stevia and vanilla extract. Since it’s so high in protein, I’m really satisfied after eating that.

(Also eggs and tuna are high protein, low-fat). Don’t cut out all fat.. you’re body needs some!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:33 am
@andrea levi: planning to eat what one likes in moderate doeses in order to satisfy cravings is not off plan. I believe it can be totally on plan.

if what you didworks for you im very happy and congratulate you I believe you have found a great way. but it is not EVERYONES way. for me planning cake or whatever other food I like to eat at a social event, a gathering a kumsitz etc. is part of NORMAL life I wouldnt like to skip it. my weight loss works despite this and im happy and satisfied. not saying that this is working for everyone but it is definitely a legitimate approach and totally NORMAL.

forbidding 50% of foodtypes (ie starches and sugars) would kill me. I would probably stop craving them when im in ketosis but I wouldnt feel like I have the free choice at events etc. also if I would skip my plan ones I would probably have regrets etc. whereas my system works for me because I can simply choose in moderate doses and not regret.

everyone should stick to what works for them Smile

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:53 am
Pointless

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:03 am
chaniej wrote:
I found eating super balanced to help kick cravings. (I also am not eating gluten carbs or sugar) I make sure to have a carb, protein, fat, and fruit/ veg every meal. I don't snack... just a tea or coffee if I need it. Drink tons of water.
When I started I needed a snack so I would have carrots with hummus or apples with almond butter.

While I cannot do this myself, because of the strength of my insulin reactions, I agree strongly with eating enough at meals, cutting out snacks ( eat at meals) and would add that making sure that you eat enough fat and protein is key to satiety.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:11 am
amother wrote:
I’m also loosing weight and I find that eating things high in protein take away the cravings.

I’ve been eating 0% fat plain Greek yogurt. I add in stevia and vanilla extract. Since it’s so high in protein, I’m really satisfied after eating that.

(Also eggs and tuna are high protein, low-fat). Don’t cut out all fat.. you’re body needs some!

Protein and fat are key to satiety and making a way of eating maintainable.

Emotional

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:24 am
I have found that healthy substitutions often kick a craving. For example, diced radishes instead of croutons in my chicken soup. A sliced cucumber with some oil & salt instead of chips.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:28 am
Emotional wrote:
I have found that healthy substitutions often kick a craving. For example, diced radishes instead of croutons in my chicken soup. A sliced cucumber with some oil & salt instead of chips.

Cooked radishes are the bomb! Who knew?!? Also lately we’ve been making chicken balls which is literally ground dark meat balls in our soup. So good!

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:30 am
ok im out of here I didnt want to upset anyone nor offend. I read your post that my approach would kill you. I said there is not ONE recipe to weight looss thats all. sorry in case I made you feel upset. I dont like to be 'screamed' at. sorry for my bad english.
im just wondering how you know how everyone else works and diets and what works for who. I wanted to share that there are different ways and that leaving out orthodoxly some types of food may work for some but not all. you say'cut this cut that' tahts ok. I say dont cut this dont cut that add it in moderate doses. thats also ok. why do you have to be angry at me I dont quite understand but I dont have to understand everything in life.

I wish you all amazing success and strength whatever weighloss waay you choose hazlacha

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:35 am
amother wrote:
ok im out of here I didnt want to upset anyone nor offend. I read your post that my approach would kill you. I said there is not ONE recipe to weight looss thats all. sorry in case I made you feel upset. I dont like to be 'screamed' at. sorry for my bad english.
im just wondering how you know how everyone else works and diets and what works for who. I wanted to share that there are different ways and that leaving out orthodoxly some types of food may work for some but not all. you say'cut this cut that' tahts ok. I say dont cut this dont cut that add it in moderate doses. thats also ok. why do you have to be angry at me I dont quite understand but I dont have to understand everything in life.

I wish you all amazing success and strength whatever weighloss waay you choose hazlacha

Capitals in the Internet actually are yelling at people. I am sorry if I misunderstood your tone.

Emotional

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 4:53 am
andrea levy wrote:
Cooked radishes are the bomb! Who knew?!? Also lately we’ve been making chicken balls which is literally ground dark meat balls in our soup. So good!

Oh I put the radishes in my soup raw. They stay crunchy at least the first few minutes....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise