Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
First bar mitzvah and I’m clueless
Previous  1  2  3

DVOM

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:26 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I have a limited amount of means. And my husband, my son and I all want different things. So I am trying to make us all happy within our means. That’s why I’m trying to figure out prices.

We will be making our first bar mitzvah in about 2 years, and I think this is going to be us!!

Editing to add:

Why the hug? It is the most normal thing in the world for different family members to have different hopes, dreams, expectations and projected budgets going into a long-awaited family milestone. We will work this out together, and by listening to each other and compromising we will come up with something that works for us. I always think conflicts like this are so good and healthy for our kids. They get to learn how to negotiate and express their wants respectfully and inevitably learn to tolerate frustration and disappointment somewhere along the way.

Last edited by DVOM on Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:07 am; edited 2 times in total

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:18 am
Just want to wish you Mazal Tov! Good luck with all the planning. Don’t forget to enjoy it!

DREAMING

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:33 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
We bh need to start planning our oldest sons bar mitzvah. We are weighing all the options but I am totally clueless about costs. We are thinking of doing a shabbos in a hotel and inviting only immediate family and a few friends. How much can we expect to pay per couple? Cost would include the price of the room for Friday night and Saturday night and sit down meal for Friday night and shabbos lunch. Shalosh seuda would be very simple buffet style. Some rolls, spreads/dips and salads. The hotel would have to be clean, but not look for something fancy.

Also, how much would an evening affair in a typical Brooklyn hall cost per couple? Basic package? How much is a photographer/videographer? How much is a dj? How much is a motivator?

Last question, how much is a shabbos kiddish for about 200 people? Sweet table for ladies, cake for men, alcohol, Cholent, kugel, herring, cold cuts?

I don’t know prices but for a shabbos in a hotel you need to provide food erev shabbos (like potato kugel, Ferrell, cutlets, cholent, fruit and drinks)and breakfast Sunday morning (rolls, spreads, cereal and milk)

Evening affair in local hall would depend on the hall and the amount of ppl (how simple or elegant do you want it to be)

You can call 2-3 local halls as a start. Don’t forget to factor in things like tips, waiters, sweet table .....
Tablecloths.... (if you want floor length it can cost more)

DREAMING

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:44 am
doodlesmom wrote:
Paradise manor and lipshitz hall start at $70 a couple for the bare minimum- think chicken bottoms
The Millenium is around $5000 all inclusive for 50 couples and additional $65 a couple
Belz on 15 and Granduer are also catered by Kaufman but the pricing is a bit cheaper than Millenium
The Renaissance has a min of 200 pple for the whole hall and I forgot how much per couple I think around $80
Schicks is $64 a couple but all other fees are not included and their min for the whole hall is 85 couples

I haven’t seen a chicken bottom in years.I think cutlets are kind of standard today. Even in lower end halls
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics