Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Favorite dinner that you received after birth?
1  2  3  Next

ahuva06

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:11 am
If you've received dinners after birth, is there one dinner or dish that stands out in your memory as extra delicious or appreciated?
Someone once sent over a kugel on Friday afternoon. It was a few years ago but that gesture still sticks out in my memory because I was so hungry and I thought it was just so thoughtful of that friend.

momX4

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:17 am
When I had my first I was a renter. I came home from the hospital to pack. I went to my mom for a while. My landlord dropped off a homemade sandwich. I honestly have no idea what was inside. I was so hungry.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:19 am
Ooooh! Hard to choose only one, so my top 3 are-
amazing cheesy lasagna
hearty lentil and root vegetable soup
roast chicken with mushroom gravy

Gd bless anyone who cooks for a yoledet. It really is such a huge chesed and so, so appreciated

trixx

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:23 am
A salad cut up with dressing on side
Yum brownies
Fruit for breakfast
Besides the main dish
Like just the thoughtfulness and quantity of all the sides

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:23 am
A friend once sent double of the chicken for supper so I could freeze one. I thought that was so nice.

Another friend bought me a full yummy breakfast from a bagel shop delivered in the morning. It was so lifesaving that my husband and I decided to make sure we can afford to buy me breakfasts like that every morning for the week or two postpartum

keym

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:31 am
The friend that sent a very basic spaghetti and meatballs with basic cut up vegies. Perfect for picky eaters.
But the best part was the bag with plastic plates, plastic cups, and disposable cutlery. I don't know why, but that part was really touching.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:39 am
I liked a dinner with extra sides and salads and no soup: I found soups harder to serve

Rappel

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:55 am
Chicken and rice

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:10 am
Lentil soup with lots of veggies in it.

It was warm, comforting, and full of nutrients. Exactly the kind of food I needed, but was too exhausted to cook for myself.

Side note: I found that I really needed food at the 6 week mark, when full sleep deprivation had set in. That would be a great time to check back in with the new mother, and see if she needs any additional food, or just to drop some off with a note that says "I hope you're adjusting well." or "Thinking of you."

pesek zman

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:17 am
Anything! I found the meals to Be such a tremendous help and I’m so lucky to have gotten meals for 6 weeks

bigsis144

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:35 am
Salads and cut up veggies! Somehow I could muster the koach to put up a pot of pasta for my family but washing and cutting up vegetables felt like so much more work for some reason, so that healthy boost was much appreciated.

I liked getting not just fleishigs - pareve soups or milchig pasta dishes are great for lunches when there’s leftovers.

A silly thing that just made me randomly happy - one person sent tater tots as a side dish, which I hadn't had in 10+ years but made me feel so nostalgic. Total comfort food, I ate almost all of them by myself Very Happy

Last edited by bigsis144 on Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

tichellady

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:36 am
Everything was very appreciated. I was sad when the meals stopped coming but we managed.
Favorite dinner was seared tuna with fresh bread with homemade dips, salad, and roasted vegetables.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:36 am
Any dinner but those that had hot soup and cold salad on the side in addition.

Beingreal

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:36 am
For my 1st I had a tuna wrap..for my 2nd great chicken soup and third an omlette sandwhich.

animeme

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:37 am
Any meal that keeps all the components separate. Unless it's inherently kid-friendly, I like when people send options. If the rice has bits of veggie, the kids won't eat it. If you put the veggies on the side, people can mix as wanted.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:27 pm
Sweet rice with liver... In hospital right after birth. Still drooling. Twas soo easy, and filling. After 24 hrs of labor. Still drooling when I think back.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:35 pm
Shnitzel with rice and a hearty mushroom barley soup. She sent enough for lunch the next day so it was amazing! Someone else bought us pizza one night it was a real treat for my kids. Really appreciated anything people sent

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:42 pm
amother wrote:
A friend once sent double of the chicken for supper so I could freeze one. I thought that was so nice.

Another friend bought me a full yummy breakfast from a bagel shop delivered in the morning. It was so lifesaving that my husband and I decided to make sure we can afford to buy me breakfasts like that every morning for the week or two postpartum

In monsey there’s a Gemach that delivers brunch for the kimpeturin, nicest thing!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:57 pm
What’s the name of the monsey gmach?

dankbar

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 1:07 pm
After 36 hrs of iv....my sis sent me a cream of chicken soup to the hospital. Yum & so hearty
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics