Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Electrolysis - Few Hairs Around Areola

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:49 am
Is it weird to ask the electrolysis technician to remove a few hairs from around the nipple? I feel a little uncomfortable, exposed but really want them removed. Is it dangerous at all?

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:28 am
Totally fine. They do private areas daily, so it won't phase them. I'd also feel awkward & exposed, but it seems like it's worth it to get through a few minutes of discomfort to have them gone.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:10 pm
Thank you for the reassurance!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:15 pm
Just please realize, that it is extremely unlikely that you will only need one round of electrolysis to get them all. Hair grows in cycles and if they are in the shedding stage, they will grow back. The key is to not wait long once they do grow back to go back to the electrologist. My electrologist only works in 15 minute increments. I would pay the same amount for 5 minutes as 15 minutes. If yours is the same and you only have a handful of hairs to do in that area, you may ask well ask her to work in another area as well (if you have one!) until the 15 minutes are up.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:16 pm
I would be totally fine with it. I doubt you'd have to completely take your shirt off. Just pull up the bottom of the shirt, or wear something that buttons down. It will be less awkward than getting a mammogram, for sure.

Don't be shy. Hair in that area is way more common than you think. I'm sure she's seen a lot of these.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
Just please realize, that it is extremely unlikely that you will only need one round of electrolysis to get them all. Hair grows in cycles and if they are in the shedding stage, they will grow back. The key is to not wait long once they do grow back to go back to the electrologist. My electrologist only works in 15 minute increments. I would pay the same amount for 5 minutes as 15 minutes. If yours is the same and you only have a handful of hairs to do in that area, you may ask well ask her to work in another area as well (if you have one!) until the 15 minutes are up.

I go for my lip so we'll just spend an extra minute on the 2 hairs I have on each. I understand that it may take 3 or so times until they're gone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics