Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Now what?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 2:23 pm
My cancer patient was home for last ten months. Since measles outbreak he was home because of that. Now we got fed up from keeping him home so long & sent him back to school. Kids in his class are still not immunized & school won't send them home.

Now I live in apt bldg & 2 families in my bldg, their kids have measles. Now what?!

simba

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 2:25 pm
Ask your Dr. what measures need to be taken to keep him safe.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 2:35 pm
That is so awful, I can't believe how selfish and inconsiderate people can be. (Actually, I can, but it's still awful.)

Refuah sheleimah to your DC. I hope you get things sorted out with the school, because this is going to be an ongoing problem. I don't see people coming to their senses any time soon, unless they are forced.

Can you get the school district to pay for an in-home tutor? It won't replace being able to socialize with friends, but at least the studies can be kept up. Invite vaccinated friends to come over and visit after school hours.

Gut

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 3:45 pm
Refuo Shelemo to you son

polka dots

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:06 pm
That is terrible! If its not enough what you are already going through. No advice here, just wishing you lots of strength and a refuah sheleima

honeymoon

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:02 pm
As a precaution try giving your son vitamin a to protect him from the measles. (Ask doctor about recommended dosage.) Refuah sheleima!!

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:14 pm
That’s horrible. It’s like you’re living in a third world country. Crying

I hope your son is doing well!

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 8:37 pm
honeymoon wrote:
As a precaution try giving your son vitamin a to protect him from the measles. (Ask doctor about recommended dosage.) Refuah sheleima!!

It has been brought out that Vitamin A doesn't prevent measles but may prevent complications and death in malnourished children.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:51 pm
He's getting double dose of ivig treatment.
He's not on chemo now but still recovering with lowered immune system. He had gotten all vaccines again but later relapsed & got chemo again which wipes out immunity.
Have no idea if he has immunity & they couldn't give him mmr now & its dangerous for him to get measles.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:56 pm
amother wrote:
He's getting double dose of ivig treatment.
He's not on chemo now but still recovering with lowered immune system. He had gotten all vaccines again but later relapsed & got chemo again which wipes out immunity.
Have no idea if he has immunity & they couldn't give him mmr now & its dangerous for him to get measles.
With double doses of ivig he should be well protected. He's basically getting the circulating antibodies of healthy vaccinated adults. If you know for a fact he's been exposed, ask for the igg shot.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 9:58 pm
I hope he wasnt exposed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics