Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Is going to gym much better exercise than brisk walking?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:35 pm
I'm currently doing 30 min brisk walking almost daily. I'm wondering how this compares to going to gym? Will I burn much more calories if I do that instead?

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:48 pm
It depends what you do at the gym obviously. You can figure out the calories you burn and compare. Take your age and weight into consideration. I also compare the drive time to the gym and the different outfit I need. So maybe you lose half an hour commuting and you save another 15 mintues because you don't need special clothes.

ces

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 5:54 pm
I always felt that there was no reason to spend time and money on a gym membership when I could do exercise at home, either brisk walking or exercise videos on YouTube. I recently tried out some classes, though, and it turns out I was wrong. The intensity of my exercise in a class far surpasses walking or even those videos. If all you're doing at the gym is using machines, though, I'm not sure the same would hold true.

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 6:03 pm
ces wrote:
I always felt that there was no reason to spend time and money on a gym membership when I could do exercise at home, either brisk walking or exercise videos on YouTube. I recently tried out some classes, though, and it turns out I was wrong. The intensity of my exercise in a class far surpasses walking or even those videos. If all you're doing at the gym is using machines, though, I'm not sure the same would hold true.

Those machines can be intense. It's back to what the individual does with them.

Walking outside will burn more calories than walking on a treadmill at the same speed and incline because of drag. A professor with a doctorate in this field explained the formula to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise