Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Want to cook food in Lakewood for chesed

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:50 pm
Are there any organizations that you know for a fact are looking? Not in bulk; but I would love to to make chicken soup or some other easy food weekly for a family.

giselle

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 10:54 pm
Try chai lifeline

esther36

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:02 pm
I've done this for a few years. I did for chai lifeline a weekly supper for a specific family and I've also cooked weekly for bikur cholim. Pm me I'll give you the contact at bikur cholim. They always need more ppl to volunteer.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:08 pm
amother wrote:
Are there any organizations that you know for a fact are looking? Not in bulk; but I would love to to make chicken soup or some other easy food weekly for a family.

chai 4ever has a whatsapp group where they post looking for food for dinners for a specific family in need or for shabbos, and u can reply if you are available. they also have a freezer they try to stock with some extras..

esther36

Post Sun, Mar 03 2019, 11:40 pm
amother wrote:
chai 4ever has a whatsapp group where they post looking for food for dinners for a specific family in need or for shabbos, and u can reply if you are available. they also have a freezer they try to stock with soyme extras..

Can u pm me? I'd love to join the group:)

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:44 am
Try eim leah

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:32 am
amother wrote:
chai 4ever has a whatsapp group where they post looking for food for dinners for a specific family in need or for shabbos, and u can reply if you are available. they also have a freezer they try to stock with some extras..

Can you PM me as well?

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:03 am
Me too! What a nice idea! I wonder if we could do something here...

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 9:09 am
You can also try Imadi

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 10:02 pm
As a Chai Lifeline family we've been on the receiving end of many, many chessed meals. You cannot imagine what a huge difference it's made in difficult times. The effort, thoughtfulness, money, and time put into making delicious beautifully packaged meals are so appreciated. Knowing my family is well-fed takes such a load off my mind when I'm unable to do it myself.

I'm literally getting choked up reading this thread of women who participate or seek to participate in this huge chessed of helping these wonderful organizations provide food (and care and comfort!) for those in need.

May you and your families be gebentched with good health and may you always be zocheh to be able to give instead of receive.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 12:07 pm
We really need that here in our development for parents who have babies. Everyone here is so overwhelmed that not all families that have babies get super. People always ask me to cook for neighbors that Just had babies but I'm not even managing to cook for my own family let alone for others.

rachelmom1

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 12:21 pm
Try bikur cholim - they have people cooking everyweek.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:42 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
As a Chai Lifeline family we've been on the receiving end of many, many chessed meals. You cannot imagine what a huge difference it's made in difficult times. The effort, thoughtfulness, money, and time put into making delicious beautifully packaged meals are so appreciated. Knowing my family is well-fed takes such a load off my mind when I'm unable to do it myself.

I'm literally getting choked up reading this thread of women who participate or seek to participate in this huge chessed of helping these wonderful organizations provide food (and care and comfort!) for those in need.

May you and your families be gebentched with good health and may you always be zocheh to be able to give instead of receive.

I was just going to post something similar. If any if the kapayim bp cooks on here- Applause thank you, thank you!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 1:45 pm
rachelmom1 wrote:
Try bikur cholim - they have people cooking everyweek.

That sounds what I ended up doing! See my new thread on the topic (asking for suggestions of what to cook)

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 2:05 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

I am honored to cook for Chai Lifeline and really wish everyone a refuah sheleimah.

In the meantime, I would be so happy if those that have received suppers if you can please give me feedback of what type of foods you usually receive, and how is it packaged, are there any extras that are usually sent, any extras that are more appreciated, anything that you received that was extra thoughtful? I would love to include everything possible in the suppers I send and really appreciate any tips.

TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics