Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Would you cancel or keep this appointment?

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:54 am
DD has long been prone to nosebleeds but recently it got to a point where she was having them every day, sometimes more than once a day, and sometimes quite bloody. So I made an appointment with an ENT.

Shoin, as soon as I made the appointment the nosebleeds stopped. The appointment is tomorrow, she is sure she hasn't had a nosebleed since at least Thursday (4 days ago) and possibly earlier.

Now I'm not sure if I should bother going. Should I just wait and make another appointment if the problem comes back? I feel bad to cancel on late notice but because it's a Monday they confirmed the appointment on Friday morning when it wasn't as obvious that thing were so improved. The office was closed all weekend.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 12:59 am
Based on the fact that it's a long standing problem and she has only not had nose bleeds for four days I would still take the child to the doctor.

Surrendered

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 4:27 am
I definitely would suggest to go.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 4:51 am
Go anyway.

Murphy's Law says that if you cancel the appointment, she'll wake up with a nose bleed that day.

Is the climate dry where you are? Do you have electric forced air heating? If so, a humidifier might be the answer. Cheap and easy.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 5:29 am
remember the doctor is just the shaliach. I think that's part of why just calling a doctor is often enough hishtadlus to remove some of a machla. but in any event I would continue with my worldly efforts in this case and see the Dr.

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 5:35 am
Definitely go anyway and discuss what has been happening.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:08 am
4 days is not long to go without a nosebleed. I would definitely keep the appointment.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 7:31 am
Go to the Dr.

My DH would get random nose bleeds. He had his nose cauterized a few times due to heavy nose bleeds.

Tip - DH was told to put Vaseline in a q-tip and then put it in his nose. This prevents nosebleeds by keeping his nose moist. Talk to the dr.

oneofakind

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:50 pm
Vaseline really works.

WastingTime

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 2:52 pm
Agree with the others, for sure go

Cheiny

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
DD has long been prone to nosebleeds but recently it got to a point where she was having them every day, sometimes more than once a day, and sometimes quite bloody. So I made an appointment with an ENT.

Shoin, as soon as I made the appointment the nosebleeds stopped. The appointment is tomorrow, she is sure she hasn't had a nosebleed since at least Thursday (4 days ago) and possibly earlier.

Now I'm not sure if I should bother going. Should I just wait and make another appointment if the problem comes back? I feel bad to cancel on late notice but because it's a Monday they confirmed the appointment on Friday morning when it wasn't as obvious that thing were so improved. The office was closed all weekend.

Keep the appt., it’s not like she only had it once, and it’s likely it will happen again. The sooner you get it treated, the better.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 04 2019, 6:10 pm
Thanks. I think I knew that, I just needed the push to not think it's just a waste of time.

Of course it actually was a waste of time but at least I filled my parents responsibility.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics