Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Internet and phone service-lakewood

twolilgirlies

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 11:59 am
I've had optimum service until now for phone and internet. they keep upping my monthly payments and its getting to be a lot for me. I'm paying about $120 per month. I just called verizon and they tell me that they would mail a modem to me that I just need to plug in and that will provide phone and internet service for about $85 after all fees and taxes.

I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing here that I don't know to ask about prior to making this change. it sounds very simple, but does anyone have verizon service? is the connection ok, or slow? how about phone service-do you have good service in your house? I'm happy with optimum but don't want to pay that much but also don't want to switch to something cheaper and then get less for what I'm paying. (I live in a basement and we have verizon cell phones. connection is not very good all over my house. not sure what that would mean in terms of regular phone and internet...)

anyone?

thanks!

twolilgirlies

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 3:59 pm
bump. Anyone, please?

sky

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 4:00 pm
I have Verizon and am very happy. Have zero down time and use it extensively, daily for work.
The 2 times I’ve had issues in the past 13 years they came the next day to fix.

twolilgirlies

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 5:55 pm
sky wrote:
I have Verizon and am very happy. Have zero down time and use it extensively, daily for work.
The 2 times I’ve had issues in the past 13 years they came the next day to fix.

Thanks! I'm looking into DSL. Fios is not available in my area. Do you have Fios?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics