Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S/O girls in seminary

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:05 pm
How much allowance should I give my daughter who is going to seminary in NY? I want her to be about average. Excluding transportation costs, how much is a reasonable amount?

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:36 pm
The first month, girls need more money than for the rest of the year. They buy sefarim and various other items that they’ll use for the rest of the year.

My parents put $700 into my account for the first month, because they knew that I’d be stressed from starting sem, and didn’t want me to worry about finances at all. That was really sweet of them! I think I spent around $500 the first month.

Beyond that, I averaged $200 - $300 a month.

My parents were very into not wanting me to stress about money. They already spent so many thousands just for me to go to sem - they’d rather spend another few thousand so that I can buy whatever I want and enjoy myself fully. It didn’t make sense to them to be stingy with spending money and have me stressed about that, once they’ve already invested so much.

My parents are really sweet Smile

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 12:56 pm
How much can you spare and what lifestyle do you support? How much do you trust her financial responsibility?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics