Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
How much do you really believe this?
Previous  1  2  3  4

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 3:34 am
amother wrote:
I agree. I think people fool themselves that hashem didn't put into this world a very direct link between hishtadlus and success. Wake up ladies.

I think ur outlook is correct at least to some extent. It basically sums up my post above in much more concise wording.

The bolded is the key.

U express the big contradiction and who we resolve it in just a few words.

Yes there's a connection between actions and results. Yes we can "manipulate" the outcome.

Yet, Who set up that connection? Who enabaled our ability to perform our actions?

If we acknowledge that we can't lift a finger on our own and every breath is dependent in our creater- we realize we gave absolutely no control.

Last edited by mig100 on Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

chestnut

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:17 am
mig100 wrote:
Loaded comment. Loaded topic

They r related. Yet at same time they r not

On one hand everything is completely in hashems hands and our actions don't change his mafsterplan an iota ( or ur mark on the test). On the other hand world is set up to run in natural way. ( u study the material. U know the answers. U get a better grade)

Why is world wet up this way? To test us

This sounds like a contradiction? Remember who put laws of nature in place? Yes there r natural consequences to our actions. ( study= better grade) Yet who controls our actions and results?

( Ie who gave u ability to concentrate and study, ability to remember material, ability to understand question correctlt on test)

Ex my boss gives me a paycheck. Who gives my boss the money?

Think of a smokscreen. Or a child holding ur hand as u write. Or Baruch Levine's piano song... or whatever example works for u.

If this sound confusing. Ur not alone. it is.

You're right. Hashem is behind everything. Sometimes people put in hishtadlus, but don't succeed or do succeed. Sometimes people don't put much hishtadlus and things seem to be coming to them or they struggle. Only Hashem knows the cheshbon. In general, however, the way this world runs is still doing hishtadlus. And that's how Hashem made it run
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational