Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
WHO PAYS?

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:37 am
We just moved out of a house that we lived in for 8 years. Everything was in normal condition when we moved out...besides for the drawers in the fridge that cracked. I think it is normal wear and tear of house , my kids did not step on it or anything else to make it crack.. am I responsible to pay for new drawers?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:41 am
As a landlord of tenants, I would consider myself lucky if that were the only wear and tear on a house after 8 years of collecting rent.

One can usually get replacement parts of fridge drawers for major models. I had a fridge shelf that broke after about 2 years (the junk they make nowadays!) and it cost me about $60 to replace.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:49 am
Thank you! I think so too... now let see if I can convince him. Just upsetting when people get so nitty gritty. We very good tenants for all these years. Now he wants to fight over 140.00.

Sad

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 12:34 pm
When my drawers in the fridge shattered, I made the landlord replace it, because I knew otherwise he would make me replace it when I left..
I kept following up, it took close to a year to get it, but I got it.
For this reason.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:12 pm
there's no right or wrong here ... I would compromise & pay half

also use the model & make to find the best price on-line instead of going into a local more expensive store
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating