Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Quina

supersmile

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:33 pm
What's a good quina salad recipe?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:06 pm
Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa
2 cup water
2 ripe avocado, quartered, then cut into chunks
2 ripe plum tomatoes, quartered, then cut into chunks
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 scallions, sliced
1 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Rinse quinoa very well in a fine mesh colander or strainer, to remove the bitter coating. Set aside.
Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a 2 quart saucepan. Add rinsed quinoa. Return to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes, until all water is absorbed. When done, the quinoa appears soft and translucent, and the germ ring will be visible along the outside edge of the quinoa. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and let it stand for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Combine avocado, tomato, red onion, scallions, and garlic. Add cooled quinoa. Drizzle with lemon or lime juice and olive oil. Season very generously with salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently.

tothepoint

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:07 pm
I make this pretty often...there are no leftovers
The dressing is something else, it just brings the flavors together. Start out with by adding half dressing and taste/adjust.

Recipe is approximate, feel free to adjust

1 cup cooked quinoa
8 oz romaine lettuce
box cherry tomatoes , halved
pack mini peppers, sliced in rounds
half cup toasted slivered almonds

Dressing:
1/3 Cup oil
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp salt
2 frozen cubes basil or pesto (or 2 tsp fresh)
1 cube frozen garlic

emzod42

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 9:37 pm
Lazy quinoa salad: cooked quinoa, olives, chickpeas/white beans, chopped red pepper, grape tomatoes, roasted or grilled veg (zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, etc--I often use leftovers), and Italian dressing. I make it the night before to take to work, and the dressing seeps in to flavor the quinoa overnight.

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 10:54 pm
For extra flavor, cook the quinoa in chicken soup and white wine

nchr

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:10 pm
Here is a more salad-y style quinoa. We love quinoa with beets. Steam the beets. Place in fridge. Cook red quinoa as detailed above 2 cups water for every cup quinoa. Mix some olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar in a separate bowl. Take quinoa out of the the bowl once complete. Add half of the dressing. Place in fridge. When you want to serve take quinoa out and mix with arugula lettuce, beets, green onions and add the other half of the dressing.

Teomima

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:20 pm
I love a good quinoa tabouli: cook any kind of quinoa and add to it diced tomatoes and cucumbers (plus scallions or red onions, which I omit because personally I'm not a big fan), plenty of chopped fresh parsley and mint, seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.

kakky

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 11:23 pm
Colorful quinoa Salad

1 cup quinoa cooked
1 cucumber, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
1 purple onion, diced
a handful of craisens

dressing
2 T olive oil
2 T lemon juice
2 T silan (or honey)

looks really pretty
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes