Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How old are you?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

How old are you?
under 20  
 0%  [ 0 ]
20-under 25  
 12%  [ 67 ]
25-under 30  
 22%  [ 120 ]
30-under 35  
 24%  [ 127 ]
35-under 40  
 15%  [ 82 ]
40-under 45  
 11%  [ 58 ]
45-under 50  
 6%  [ 35 ]
50-under 55  
 2%  [ 14 ]
55-under 60  
 1%  [ 9 ]
60-under 65  
 1%  [ 6 ]
65 and over  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 525

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:10 am
Turning 32 in a few days πŸŽ‚

gold21

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:21 am
amother wrote:
IMO I dont believe it has to do with your quiet personality. I know you said its not due to your physical attributes but how do you know that? it's very likely you just look older.
I find it interesting to compare this post with mommy3b2c who said the opposite of you and also blamed it on personality. And I disagree with both of you.
I am a quieter serious personality but people think im very young. why? Just simply because of my face. I just look young.
I know many older people who have bubbly personalities and no one thinks they are younger. And the same the other way around wiyh young serious people who no one thinks theyre older.

I'll take my own opinion and the opinion of those who know me IRL over the opinion of someone anonymous on Imamother. Yes, it's personality-based. I'm self assured and have a more serious vibe. No, I don't look old. Lol. I've been told I seemed older than my age since I was 18. I haven't been told that in recent years (probably since age 25 or so), but then again, I haven't really asked.... What

But then again, sometimes I'll be in a giggly mood (hanging out with my younger cousins or whatever) and people will assume I'm much younger than I am.

So I'm working off my experiences and coming up with a hypothesis that personality plays a role. I will not be taking this hypothesis to the bank nor will I be writing my thesis on it, but, I think it holds some water.

But, it's all good. You don't know me so I'll accept your opinion but won't put much stock in it. Cool Lol.

Last edited by gold21 on Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Emotional

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:26 am
39 and three quarters πŸ‘€πŸ€”

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 12:55 am

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:42 am

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:53 am
A few months shy of being 40.
Gosh, I first found this site a few months after I got married at 25. This site has seen many many changes and so many different and new posters over the years.
I WAS one of the young women, but sometimes I feel old when so many young ladies post.

Emotional

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 6:59 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Gosh, I first found this site a few months after I got married at 25. This site has seen many many changes and so many different and new posters over the years.
I WAS one of the young women, but sometimes I feel old when so many young ladies post.

We're the same age! Will you play wif me?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 7:04 am
amother wrote:
IMO I dont believe it has to do with your quiet personality. I know you said its not due to your physical attributes but how do you know that? it's very likely you just look older.
I find it interesting to compare this post with mommy3b2c who said the opposite of you and also blamed it on personality. And I disagree with both of you.
I am a quieter serious personality but people think im very young. why? Just simply because of my face. I just look young.
I know many older people who have bubbly personalities and no one thinks they are younger. And the same the other way around wiyh young serious people who no one thinks theyre older.

Actually, people tell me all the time that my personality makes me seem younger then I am. I’m not just making it up. It’s both, my face and my personality.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 7:19 am
I'm surprised, as of right now, no one on this forum is younger than 20.

crust

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 7:21 am
dankbar wrote:
Crust are you feeling outnumbered here? Can't fight the crowd?

I was just making an observation.
Most posters here are between 20 and 35.

I'm older than that but dont worry. I'm not going to stop posting unless my internet is shut off. Smile

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:05 am
I am 50+
When I went with my daughter for her first scan, when we came into the room together the radiographer looked at us both and said "who am I scanning" . I took that as a compliment.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:29 am
I'm surprised there is no one here under 20. I joined at 19.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:53 am
amother wrote:
This is a fantastic thread because it let's you realize what sort of demographic is speaking to you and how many grains of salt are required. I have confirmed my general feeling that the overall demographic is way younger than me. Even though many were married younger and have older children they still "feel" younger and now I understand why. Many have wisdom which comes from having raised children to adulthood but it still feels like a younger generation. Yael I think we should do something to get more over 40s on here, though I don't know what.

Many older people irl lack perspective, too

grace413

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 9:04 am
Old enough to be a grandmother to many posters here. Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 10:35 am
yo'ma wrote:
I'm proud to say I'm 46, but don't feel it bh, but hopefully I act it Wink .

And then just today my 20 year old dd says to me, "I sometimes wonder how old your are." LOL I sent her a song I made up that a child would say. What can I say? Very Happy

crust

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 1:03 pm
Frenchfry wrote:
I always lose track of my age, cuz it's constantly changing. But I was born in 1978

Did they offer a single frenchfry in resteraunts back then?
Your SN made me laugh as I've never heard of French fries referred to in less than plural.

ccwife

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 2:03 pm
crust wrote:
Did they offer a single frenchfry in resteraunts back then?
Your SN made me laugh as I've never heard of French fries referred to in less than plural.

How about from the Magic Yarlmuka? "Will you be my french fry?" Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm 22 by the way. I look 16 even with makeup especially because nowadays girls are wearing makeup younger and younger. Oh well hopefully it'll turn out well for me as I get older.

dankbar

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:02 pm
Maybe it's a different connotation. Maybe she's French & was once frei. Never know why she picked that name

dankbar

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:17 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I tbought you are older

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 3:37 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:

Same
Page 6 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics