Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How old are you?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

How old are you?
under 20  
 0%  [ 0 ]
20-under 25  
 12%  [ 67 ]
25-under 30  
 22%  [ 120 ]
30-under 35  
 24%  [ 127 ]
35-under 40  
 15%  [ 82 ]
40-under 45  
 11%  [ 58 ]
45-under 50  
 6%  [ 35 ]
50-under 55  
 2%  [ 14 ]
55-under 60  
 1%  [ 9 ]
60-under 65  
 1%  [ 6 ]
65 and over  
 1%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 525

gold21

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 4:42 pm
saralem wrote:
61, and proud of it!

As you should be.

Water Stones

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:15 pm
I’m 23, soon to be 24.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:49 pm
amother wrote:
But don’t you have to be a grandma to join that one? I’m 47 with a toddler...

To be in the 50+ forum, you have to be, well, 50 or more. There's also a separate 35+ forum, and a separate grandmother forum.

eschaya

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 5:53 pm

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:00 pm
This is a fantastic thread because it let's you realize what sort of demographic is speaking to you and how many grains of salt are required. I have confirmed my general feeling that the overall demographic is way younger than me. Even though many were married younger and have older children they still "feel" younger and now I understand why. Many have wisdom which comes from having raised children to adulthood but it still feels like a younger generation. Yael I think we should do something to get more over 40s on here, though I don't know what.

happyone

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:01 pm
ill just say im can be a mom to many of you here.

simba

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:03 pm
amother wrote:
This is a fantastic thread because it let's you realize what sort of demographic is speaking to you and how many grains of salt are required. I have confirmed my general feeling that the overall demographic is way younger than me. Even though many were married younger and have older children they still "feel" younger and now I understand why.

Yeah. We are just a bunch of kids trapped in droopy mommy bodies!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:10 pm
simba wrote:
Yeah. We are just a bunch of kids trapped in droopy mommy bodies!

That's how I feel as well sometimes and I am nearly 50!

Until I talk to someone who is 26, and even though they are way way more mature than I was at 26 , they are still clearly less mature than I am mow. IYKWIM.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:12 pm
amother wrote:
This is a fantastic thread because it let's you realize what sort of demographic is speaking to you and how many grains of salt are required. I have confirmed my general feeling that the overall demographic is way younger than me. Even though many were married younger and have older children they still "feel" younger and now I understand why. Many have wisdom which comes from having raised children to adulthood but it still feels like a younger generation. Yael I think we should do something to get more over 40s on here, though I don't know what.

In defense of all the young ones I'll say that many have a wisdom which comes from growing up in today's world which helps them understand particular nuances, idiosyncrasies and real problems of the teenage population, the newly marrieds and the moms of 3 toddlers under 4 which those above 40 have looong since forgotten.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:17 pm
honeymoon wrote:
In defense of all the young ones I'll say that many have a wisdom which comes from growing up in today's world which helps them understand particular nuances, idiosyncrasies and real problems of the teenage population, the newly marrieds and the moms of 3 toddlers under 4 which those above 40 have looong since forgotten.

100%.

But I now feel really ok ignoring the fashion advice.

(nobody wants mutton dressed as lamb lol).

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:23 pm
amother wrote:

And I'm also seeing a correlation between the younger age & the staunch defense of ideological practices vs the older age & the more relaxed, flexible attitude towards them.

honeymoon

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:25 pm
amother wrote:
100%.

But I now feel really ok ignoring the fashion advice.

(nobody wants mutton dressed as lamb lol).

So looks like we won't be meeting in any fashion threads.. I almost never click on the fashion threads. They simply don't interest me. (Unless it's kids fashion of course! Smile )

See you elsewhere though! Hi

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
And I'm also seeing a correlation between the younger age & the staunch defense of ideological practices vs the older age & the more relaxed, flexible attitude towards them.

Agree with this as well.

crust

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 6:34 pm
Meanwhile there are 210 women ages 20- 35
which means that there are approx. 15 women in every year.

At 35 it starts to dip. There are 130 women ages 35-70+ which equals to approximately 4 women per age.

I think it says a lot about the dynamic/balance here.

Thanks for starting this thread OP.

Water Stones

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 7:22 pm
happyone wrote:
ill just say im can be a mom to many of you here.

And that’s why you’re a value here so we can learn from you!

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 7:26 pm
Crust are you feeling outnumbered here? Can't fight the crowd?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 7:34 pm
gold21 wrote:
People have always thought of me as older than I am. Maybe not anymore, but when I was 19-20 people assumed I was over 25. Etc. Not per se due to physical attributes, but more because I'm more of a quiet person, and on the more serious side.

I also got married young, and the age of my children, etc, impacts perception.

IMO I dont believe it has to do with your quiet personality. I know you said its not due to your physical attributes but how do you know that? it's very likely you just look older.
I find it interesting to compare this post with mommy3b2c who said the opposite of you and also blamed it on personality. And I disagree with both of you.
I am a quieter serious personality but people think im very young. why? Just simply because of my face. I just look young.
I know many older people who have bubbly personalities and no one thinks they are younger. And the same the other way around wiyh young serious people who no one thinks theyre older.

aliavi

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 8:50 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
33. But when people meet me they think I am 25. Sometimes even younger. I look young and I gave a very bubbly personality so it makes people think I am younger then I am. Not complaining, but sometimes people don’t take me seriously when they should.

I could have written this. The new janitor at shul asked me if my son was my brother.

aliavi

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 8:59 pm
amother wrote:

The “salt” comment seems dismissive TBH, even if unintended. How about something like “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”?

simba

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:06 pm
aliavi wrote:
I could have written this. The new janitor at shul asked me if my son was my brother.

And I got asked today if I was a friends (we are the same age) mother. I guess I don’t look so young. Sad
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics