Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
S/O Please post carefully- many eyes are watching
1  2  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 3:20 pm
On a similar but different note, you should probably assume that some people know your SN, wether your boss, clients, community members or family, and as a result:

Don't post under your screen name things you would not discuss in front of the above IRL... Be it discussing a pregnancy before you announced it, sharing details about bedroom life or marriage & relationships etc...

Just something to keep in mind.
Yes, saying that after seeing things I'd rather not know about some people Can't Believe It

P.s. I believe approaching the women to tell them that their SN was outed is a different discussion. Some people will do it others won't- but from the posters perspective, if you discussed location, community, jobs, kids and other identifying details- maybe be on the safe side and post things that you don't want people in the community reading about you anonymously.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 3:32 pm
That's why I go amother baby!!
I don't know why people get so mad about it... what do you care if my name is "amother pink Or "charm bracelet"? The point is that this is where we share ANONYMOUSLY!!
Except for andrea levy (who is great!)...we are all anonymous. We come here to vent, cry, seek advice and share ANONYMOUSLY!!!! That's the whole point. If anyone in my neighborhood or from my family or close friends read all my posts, they could easily string together that it's me....hence, I'm mostly amother.

Zehava

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 3:39 pm
Yes I only post under my SN what I’d shout from the rooftops. Occasionally someone will figure me out (once it was a man, who dodged my question when I asked if he has a username), but it isn’t so scary to me since I assume that someone somewhere will.
Ofcourse I don’t discuss everything I say here irl but that’s because for some reason it’s socially inappropriate to say profound things in public. Apparently it’s more acceptable to discuss your nursing woes or kids wardrobe. But I don’t mind people who know me reading what I have to say here.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 4:19 pm
When DD started wanting to use my computer for social media, I told her very firmly "Do not post anything you wouldn't want to see on a billboard across the street from your school."

She's been very good about keeping her location a secret online. She won't tell anyone which school she goes to, and often won't even say which state she's living in. If someone wants to get to know her, they can find out about her interests and personality. Identifying details should not enter the conversation.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 7:31 pm
amother wrote:
That's why I go amother baby!!
I don't know why people get so mad about it... what do you care if my name is "amother pink Or "charm bracelet"? The point is that this is where we share ANONYMOUSLY!!
Except for andrea levy (who is great!)...we are all anonymous. We come here to vent, cry, seek advice and share ANONYMOUSLY!!!! That's the whole point. If anyone in my neighborhood or from my family or close friends read all my posts, they could easily string together that it's me....hence, I'm mostly amother.

Totally with you on the amother issue. I don't get the rage.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:21 pm
I once said something to a group of people that I saw here and one man in the group asked me a questions which basically confirmed we were both on here. I have no idea what his username is but I know he’s on here. For every man I know, I assume there’s another 25. And I always assume everyone I speak to is on this sight just as a precaution

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:26 pm
I don’t mind people knowing who I am.

singleagain

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 9:44 pm
For me it just gets confusing when there are so many amother posts on one thread. Especially, when there are no identifiers in the posts. Like quoting another post and writing "this" or "ita"

groisamomma

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 10:15 pm
sequoia wrote:
I don’t mind people knowing who I am.

Same.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:03 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Same.

I'm not saying that being identified Isa problem. Im saying don't say things you don't want people to know about you. (Like, your mother-in-law shouldn't find out from I'm another that you're pregnant for ex). Or be oblivious to the fact that you're not anonymous and post things you are uncomfortable with your neighbor/students parents etc knowing.

sequoia

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:06 pm
Well my mom’s definitely not on here Wink

Fox

Post Thu, Mar 07 2019, 11:14 pm
sequoia wrote:
Well my mom’s definitely not on here Wink

Neither is mine, but she's taken to calling me Fox from time to time, which is a little creepy.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 6:42 am
amother wrote:
I once said something to a group of people that I saw here and one man in the group asked me a questions which basically confirmed we were both on here. I have no idea what his username is but I know he’s on here. For every man I know, I assume there’s another 25. And I always assume everyone I speak to is on this sight just as a precaution

I almost feel like stopping to post if this is true; I would never join a chat with men

ectomorph

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 8:32 am
amother wrote:
I almost feel like stopping to post if this is true; I would never join a chat with men

I also knew several men who claimed to be on here. No idea of username though

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:11 pm
Just an added PSA: if you posted anything that you regret posting under your SN you can always go back to edit your post and change it to anonymous.

groisamomma

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:18 pm
amother wrote:
Just an added PSA: if you posted anything that you regret posting under your SN you can always go back to edit your post and change it to anonymous.

First of all, that's only if you weren't quoted. Second of all, it annoys Yael when you go back and change or delete all your posts.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:48 pm
groisamomma wrote:
First of all, that's only if you weren't quoted. Second of all, it annoys Yael when you go back and change or delete all your posts.

It's true that the quote may still mention the name, but at least it won't show up in your profile or search

Sleepymama

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 3:45 pm
groisamomma wrote:

Why would it annoy yael, if somone is trying to protect their privacy?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:

But that’s the point, how do you know? I’m a female and I can vouch that I am a frum, married female. But you can’t know for sure that I really am....

ectomorph

Post Sat, Mar 09 2019, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
But that’s the point, how do you know? I’m a female and I can vouch that I am a frum, married female. But you can’t know for sure that I really am....
lol as amother of course
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette