Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job you love
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:12 am
Labor/Delivery nurse. I love my job! I dreamed of being a nurse all my life and finally went to nursing school when my youngest child entered preschool. I graduated nursing school at 48 years old and I feel incredibly blessed to have attained this and to be a part of my patients lives during this special time.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:15 am
I'm a residential and kitchen designer, and I love my work — space planning is my passion! I have a degree in liberal arts and went to a well-known art school more than 4 decades ago, but really I'm self-taught. My hobby turned into a business.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:56 am
amother wrote:
I'm a neurologist, I work long, long hours but I love every minute of it Smile . BH I have a very understanding husband and children.

Edited to add: I have a bachelor's in philosophy, liberal arts and English literature, a medical degree (5 years), and 5 year specialty (time taken for mat leaves).... I've been working in my field and also teach at a medical school for 8 years.

Wow, nice to meet a fellow frum female neurologist! My hours are also long - though nothing compared to residency - but I leave the house and come home every day with a smile, because I LOVE what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything!

I did know that I wanted to go pre-med, so no literature for me. I went college, med school, residency, then 2+ years specialty fellowship. I've been working as a full-time doctor for more than 10 years and continue to love it more and more!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:06 am
I'm a freelance writer and I love it - even when the writer's block sets in Wink

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:12 am
I work as a recruiter for healthcare professionals. I love that I get to help people without the burnout of being a therapist. I also do a fair amount of writing which I enjoy.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:30 am
Mha3484, where are you based ? And how can I reach you without outing myself ? I’m a healthcare professional looking for a job ..

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:44 am
I work for Oorah in Kars4kids inbound sales. I love my job and the organization. It was partly my love for the organization and partly my personality that made them interested in me.

I like that I get to use skills I aleady have, develop new ones and that the corporate culture is excellent.

I also work remotely, at home and it makes my own observant life much easier to work for a Frum company.

I’m much happier than when I was catering and my income is much more stable.

On the whole, it is my favourite job I’ve ever had. And the mitzvot that can be done because of it are amazing!

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:45 am
Amother Sienna, I am in Chicago if I can help you please reach out!

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:46 am
I'm an attorney and work in-house doing premises liability defense at an insurance company. Every day is different and I love it. I also love taking apart a new case, coming up with my defense strategy and going to court.

I have my bachelors in political science and women's studies (4 years) and then went to law school (3 year). I work long hours and sometimes find the balance between home and work difficult, and maybe would make different choices based on how my life has turned out, but I do really enjoy what I do.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:01 am
amother wrote:
Labor/Delivery nurse. I love my job! I dreamed of being a nurse all my life and finally went to nursing school when my youngest child entered preschool. I graduated nursing school at 48 years old and I feel incredibly blessed to have attained this and to be a part of my patients lives during this special time.

Thanks for the chizuk
I am 42 and looking to go back to school in a different field so its nice to hear from another returning adult student.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:08 am
I work in palliative care and absolutely love what I do. Its beautiful to see families have some sense of control when it comes to end of life planning and issues.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:09 am
I am a medical secretary working for a pediatrician and I couldn't love my job more. There is a separate staff for all monetary related things so my work is purely medical, helping both doctor and patients (and their parents) all day and I LOVE IT.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:13 am
I work as a pediatric OT and really enjoy it. I love working with one child at a time, building a relationship, figuring out individual strengths and deficits, and using creativity to improve the deficits in a way that motivates the child. I also love helping parents understand different aspects of their child. And of course, seeing progress is incredibly satisfying.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:13 am
amother wrote:
I work in palliative care and absolutely love what I do. Its beautiful to see families have some sense of control when it comes to end of life planning and issues.

I have great appreciation for the work you do. From personal experience with a loved one.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:37 am
I’m a GP and also work in Telemedicine.
I love the direct patient contact as well as the Telemedicine part. Each one has it’s distinct strengths and advantages.
There is no job better than being a doctor. I’m never bored

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
I am a medical secretary working for a pediatrician and I couldn't love my job more. There is a separate staff for all monetary related things so my work is purely medical, helping both doctor and patients (and their parents) all day and I LOVE IT.

What is your education/degree?

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:00 am
I sell pretty and yummy desserts!
I love the creative process, and the relaxed zone I'm in while decorating cookies
No major education, but no major salary either Tongue Out

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
What is your education/degree?

In Israel, so probably not so helpful. I took the Mazkirut Refuit (medical secretary) course (recognized by the Ministry of Health) which included medical as well as office management studies. The program I did included limudei kodesh so it took longer, but I think you can do it once a week in the evenings within a year...

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:08 am
I'm a nurse and I appreciate the job security salary and benefits from my job immensly. I work in a great environment and it's challenging and satisfying work. I find the hours incredibly draining though. Working full time is difficult with a young family at home.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
I'm a burnt-out attorney. Wish I could pm you. Any advice you can share?

I am also a burnt-out attorney. Would love some guidance
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics