Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job you love
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:14 pm
Interior Designer.
I work for a builder and it can get stressful, but I love my work.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:19 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, nice to meet a fellow frum female neurologist! My hours are also long - though nothing compared to residency - but I leave the house and come home every day with a smile, because I LOVE what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything!

I did know that I wanted to go pre-med, so no literature for me. I went college, med school, residency, then 2+ years specialty fellowship. I've been working as a full-time doctor for more than 10 years and continue to love it more and more!

Another frum neurologist here. I love my job and where I work. Aside from call weekends, which I dislike, I get to be home most of the time before my kids are home from school.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, nice to meet a fellow frum female neurologist! My hours are also long - though nothing compared to residency - but I leave the house and come home every day with a smile, because I LOVE what I do and wouldn't trade it for anything!

I did know that I wanted to go pre-med, so no literature for me. I went college, med school, residency, then 2+ years specialty fellowship. I've been working as a full-time doctor for more than 10 years and continue to love it more and more!

Given that I'm trying to stay anonymous, it will be difficult to identify you. Maybe we'll meet up at a conference sometime. I'm the one wearing a beret or a tichel, more rarely a sheitel Hiding. And I'm the one toting my snacks and meals in a lunchbox Very Happy .

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:41 pm
I am a therapist and a college instructor. I have a masters degree in counseling, and also a PhD in research psychology. I started attending a doctoral program when I was 40. I am now in private practice, and I really appreciate having the opportunity to help people while managing my own small business. It can also be stressful, at times, but I still enjoy it mostly. No two people are the same, and no two sessions are the same, so it is high interest. I also enjoy the teaching, but as an adjunct, it does not pay very well. I also hope to write someday, but I have not done it in a while, and doing it professionally requires a high level of commitment and discipline.

eschaya

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 12:17 am
Acute care NP here, and I absolutely love what I do.
Generic BA (before I knew that I wanted to go into nursing), then generalist masters during my RN program, and a post-masters certificate along with my NP license. I also appreciated being an ICU nurse in the years between my RN and NP schooling.
I get to use my mind on a daily basis, and I have the privilege of helping patients and families through some of the worst days of their lives. I love the flexibility of shift work, though night shift is starting to get to me. But overall I enjoy going to work and come out of every shift feeling like I've made a difference in someone's life. And the pay is pretty good too.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 1:28 am
I'm a recruiter for anything business related. Like another poster said I'd rather work another day than take a vacation.

Not planning to stay here forever though because I believe in constant growth.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 6:15 am
I am a social worker. I have a BA in psychology, an MA in social work, and three years of postgraduate supervision to earn my clinical license. I've specialized in family trauma and attachment. Sessions are attended by parents and their child or children, aiming to develop through art, play, and talk the healthy attachment that they need to work through whatever their challenges are. I usually see a family twice a week, once with the children, once the parents alone to work on their own attachment with each other. It's fascinating and rewarding work, and I really love it. The next step in my career and training is going to be earning my doctorate in art therapy because that is a modality that I'm really drawn to and would like to develop more.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 6:54 am
I am a small firm / freelance graphic designer. No degree, but I do have a certificate and credits from the design school that I attended. I really enjoy the flexibility, creativity, and strategic sides to the projects that I do. There are a lot of skills that one needs for this profession besides for being creative- math skills, strategic and analytical skills, social client understanding, strong organizational skills, ability to explain rationale behind design. A freelancer also needs to understand accounting and business principles, bookkeeping, contracts, taxes, project management, and how to effectively start and end each design project. Most of that is NOT taught in school...

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 7:11 am
debsey wrote:
I'm an attorney but I work in healthcare compliance. Mostly I consult for large systems and make sure that all their policies, procedures, staff training etc. are compliant with various state, local, and federal regulations.

I do a lot of staff training which I like, and I like working as an independent consultant, not in-house. That way I can customize my workload to my schedule (sometimes) work from home (a lot) and provide a service that I consider valuable.

I know it sounds boring, but it's really not. (although some state regulations make me feel like we're enacting 1984.....no matter what you do is wrong.)

The funniest thing? No one who knows me knows I'm an attorney. They know I have a professional job, but because I don't litigate or hang a shingle, people just don't know. 25 years ago, I didn't say because I didn't want to do the whole "how did a bais yaakov girl go to law school?" conversation. Now, it's just not a "thing", it's more common, but it just never comes up.

May I ask how you got into this area? Did you begin with litigation?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics