Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
When do you stop therapy?

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:57 am
My always difficult young teen has been seeing a therapist for about 10 months and I do not see any improvement. In fact, things have been getting worse...

At what point do you admit that the therapist is not making headway?

The therapist keeps telling me how it takes time... time for the child to open up etc, but things have gotten so much worse since we began with this therapist.

I also feel like our child has become against us- viewing us as the enemy... when I reached out to the therapist about this the response was “ your child is very unhappy at home “. This wasn’t the case when we began therapy. We knew our child wasn’t doing well so we found what we believed was a top therapist to help us. Instead of working to make our child have inner peace, we have a tormented child who is miserable now at home. The therapist also led our child to believe that it’s okay not to be happy doing Mitzvos and now our child tells us not to mention davening, bentching, yomim Tovim etc

I feel like this therapist turned our child away from us and Yiddishkeit and away from us. (Yes, it’s a frum therapist)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)