Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Oops I just knocked my wall now what!?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:02 am
I was trying to put away the carriage and lost control of it, knocked it against the wall and made a nice sized crack/dent. Any easy repairs?!

happyone

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:32 am
some Home Depot spackle should do the trick.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:36 am
Sometimes touch ups are worse. But you can buy a little spackle kit and neatly fill the hole then purchase a small can of paint in the color you have up and use a q-tip to retouch it.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:21 am
Hang artwork over it?

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
Hang artwork over it?

I assume it is too low for artwork unless she was putting the stroller away at eye level.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:42 am
Squishy wrote:
I assume it is too low for artwork unless she was putting the stroller away at eye level.

Exactly Sad

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:17 pm
How big is the damage? Is it your own home? Did you damage molding also?

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:30 pm
Squishy wrote:
How big is the damage? Is it your own home? Did you damage molding also?

The size of 3 quarters about or 2 fingers. It’s smack in middle of the wall, no molding damaged Bh. It is my own home.

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
The size of 3 quarters about or 2 fingers. It’s smack in middle of the wall, no molding damaged Bh. It is my own home.

You can try patching it, but you probably have to repaint the whole section of the wall, or it will show. Did you save your paint cans? The other option is a white plastic disk. I don't know what they are called, but DH puts them up when he opens a wall for something. (I asked him to lower some wall fixtures.) He gets rid of them when he repaints. I personally hate them, but it's better than a damaged wall.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:

Unfortunately my house is full of these caused by my sons. I don't know why they maybe walls like this. If this is your first baby in the carriage, good luck. I have in the past gotten a repair man in to deal with these because when you try and fix it it's often ok fit a while and then caves in. Artworks do "work" though for higher damage.

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:48 pm
amother wrote:
Unfortunately my house is full of these caused by my sons. I don't know why they maybe walls like this. If this is your first baby in the carriage, good luck. I have in the past gotten a repair man in to deal with these because when you try and fix it it's often ok fit a while and then caves in. Artworks do "work" though for higher damage.

Her damage sounds small. Those white things are called blank covers.

I would be so angry at my kids if they kept damaging walls. An accident like OP's is a one time thing. Your sons need to be taught how to behave inside. It's not normal for them to be damaging your home.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:14 pm
Squishy wrote:
Her damage sounds small. Those white things are called blank covers.

I would be so angry at my kids if they kept damaging walls. An accident like OP's is a one time thing. Your sons need to be taught how to behave inside. It's not normal for them to be damaging your home.
I disagree. Families with lots of teenage boys in a small space ... These things happen

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:44 pm
Squishy wrote:
You can try patching it, but you probably have to repaint the whole section of the wall, or it will show. Did you save your paint cans? The other option is a white plastic disk. I don't know what they are called, but DH puts them up when he opens a wall for something. (I asked him to lower some wall fixtures.) He gets rid of them when he repaints. I personally hate them, but it's better than a damaged wall.

Thank you for these ideas! I do have the paint so I will ask my husband what he thinks of patching it

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for these ideas! I do have the paint so I will ask my husband what he thinks of patching it

You should consider watching a video first. I think you plaster, then sand, then sand again with a finer grain paper, then paint a base coat, then top coat.

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:38 pm
On shark tank they once featured a drywall repair kit by wall doctor. Very simple diy fix. Google it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics