Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Have a Dress Ready For Moshiach?
1  2  3  Next

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:59 am
Do you have a dress put aside that you will wear when Moshiach comes? I was just thinking that if I really believe that Moshiach will come shortly, I better put aside an outfit to wear, maybe that will hopefully speed the process! It's like buying the baby carriage before being blessed with children getting ready for a yeshua! I'm just curious, anyone out there put a thought to this?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:10 pm
Anyone? Please tell me there are women here that do have a dress put aside! Bli neder I will try to think about it at least.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:11 pm
awesome idea! thank you!
moshiach now!

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:12 pm
My size constantly changes but there's usually one per season that's most flattering and I will iyh wear that!

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:15 pm
I can hardly find a dress I feel good in for shabbos. Not going to buy a special dress for Moshiach at this point. But I do have my tambourine ready to go!

iyar

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:16 pm
There's something in my closet I think I'll wear, but I wear it other times too. I'm not on the level to put something aside and only wear it when we're on our way. I remember hearing of someone a long time ago who had gold jewelry she never wore because it was set aside for greeting Mashiach. Anybody else remember who that was?
I often think about the hurried packing I'll have to do and there are a few things I always put away where I can easily find them on the big day. (The rest of my house is not that organized Smile )

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:17 pm
Some do not buy anything before birth or even home coming tho

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:21 pm
My mother in law has a dress that she never wears. She's saving it for when mashiach comes

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:25 pm
iyar wrote:
There's something in my closet I think I'll wear, but I wear it other times too. I'm not on the level to put something aside and only wear it when we're on our way. I remember hearing of someone a long time ago who had gold jewelry she never wore because it was set aside for greeting Mashiach. Anybody else remember who that was?
I often think about the hurried packing I'll have to do and there are a few things I always put away where I can easily find them on the big day. (The rest of my house is not that organized Smile )

That's why it has to be prepared, so we can be ready and go! Like in mitzrayim, they just left!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:34 pm
What an interesting thought OP! I did my clothes closet yesterday and I have a beautiful ball gown skirt I never wore because it hasn't suited any occasion yet. But now that gives me an idea , to save it for Moshiach. Not only is it elegant its long and will be tzniusdig even if I have to sit sprawled on an eagle. Now I need to find a good top to go with it!

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:35 pm
I think moshiach will "accept" us no matter how we look.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
My mother in law has a dress that she never wears. She's saving it for when mashiach comes

The problem is that textiles tend to deteriorate over time, so by time Moshiach arrives, her dress may no longer be wearable.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
I think moshiach will "accept" us no matter how we look.

That's not really the point. The point is how excited we are to prepare for his arrival. Like you can go to a wedding wearing whatever you desire, however, if you are excited, you will take the time and make an effort to look your best.

chicco

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 12:37 pm
I used to think about packing a bag- so that I am already to go when the time comes I'YH. And then I thought to myself- what will I possibly need? What is so important that I would wait to pack and not just jump on board? I am not going to worry about my things. We will just get up and go and worry about that later. My husband says all he needs are his tallis and tefillin- and he can't pack those away anyway.

But if your real question is- are people hoping and believing that Mashiach is coming any minute- absolutely!

Iymnok

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:04 pm
Living in Israel it’s a different question, What will I and my family wear to greet Moshiach?
I don’t think we need to pack.
Will I need a musical instrument? I don’t know how to play.

gingertop

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:08 pm
I've never really thought about this. Such a nice idea. I would probably throw on my favorite dress of the season. If he comes today, I know what I'll wear but next season it will be something else.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:10 pm
Wont our homes fly with us? My wardrobe will come too.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:14 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
Where did you get that from? Only shuls I thought!

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:16 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
Where did you get that from? Only shuls I thought!

I dont know. I heard it somewhere

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:16 pm
causemommysaid wrote:

I don't think we really know what will happen. But I've always heard that it's a waste building a gorgeous mansion with every luxury because it won't come along with you when Mashiach comes.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics