Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do You Have a Dress Ready For Moshiach?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 1:19 pm
I try to prepare for moshiach with mitzvos to hasten his arrival, and by working on myself so I'm hopefully worthy of greeting him. What I'll wear or bring along is something I'll worry about when the time comes. For now I'm focused on making that time happen sooner.

yksraya

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:09 pm
From what I've heard/read or wtvr the source was, mashiach will come so soon, like suddenly before we know it he will be here. We might not even have time to change. We will run with whatever it is we are wearing. Just like there was no time to bake the bread when we left miztrayim and it turned into matza...

saralem

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:17 pm
I once heard a speaker talk about this exact theme, from the perspective of tsnius. She asked us (a large audience of women) whether there was a dress with a keyhole opening in the back that we keep meaning to have sewn, or the slit in the skirt that's waiting to be taken to the seamstress to be closed, and the like. (right--that garment waiting to be checked for shatnes!) We all (I think) have something in our closets that is NOT ready for Moshiach--so what are we waiting for?! If you turned on the news and heard that Moshiach is here, what clothes would you be embarrassed about wearing?
I struggle with this, too, as do probably most of us. maybe I'll now be extra inspired to go through my wardrobe!

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:28 pm
amother wrote:
I try to prepare for moshiach with mitzvos to hasten his arrival, and by working on myself so I'm hopefully worthy of greeting him. What I'll wear or bring along is something I'll worry about when the time comes. For now I'm focused on making that time happen sooner.

I love this. Oz v'hadar levusha.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:21 pm
I've always thought about preparing masking tape. So that when my fridge flies to E"Y, the glass salad dressings and Chrain won't spill and crack en route!

agreer

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:28 pm
My mom does! She's a special lady.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:30 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I've always thought about preparing masking tape. So that when my fridge flies to E"Y, the glass salad dressings and Chrain won't spill and crack en route!

If your fridge will have the ability to fly it will most likely have the ability to hold all its contents without spilling. Lol, for some reason I can't picture the whole scenario...a bunch of GEs, Maytags, Sub Zeros and what not flying above our heads.

gingertop

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:31 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
If your fridge will have the ability to fly it will most likely have the ability to hold all its contents without spilling. Lol, for some reason I can't picture the whole scenario...a bunch of GEs, Maytags, Sub Zeros and what not flying above our heads.

You guys are gonna need adapters because our outlets are 220 volts!

Cheshire cat

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:31 pm
I found myself oddly teary eyed as I read this.
Mi k'amcha yisroel

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:41 pm
I think that saving a dress to wear only when moshiach comes is a high level of emuna, but the truth is, the last thing that I'll care about when moshiach comes is my dress.
Am I going to run put on makeup? Should I save special perfume to use when moshiach comes? Moshiach is not a party, it's קרבת ה' that we have never experienced before. I can't see where dresses fit in.

iyar

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 3:55 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
I think that saving a dress to wear only when moshiach comes is a high level of emuna, but the truth is, the last thing that I'll care about when moshiach comes is my dress.
Am I going to run put on makeup? Should I save special perfume to use when moshiach comes? Moshiach is not a party, it's קרבת ה' that we have never experienced before. I can't see where dresses fit in.

I can't speak for what you'll be thinking about, but completely spiritual Avodas Hashem with no attention given to our physical beings isn't a Jewish idea.
Look at your friends, family and your Rebbetzin when they go to shul on Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the year. They might be wearing white, they might have a minhag not to wear gold jewelry, but they're dressed in beautiful Shabbos clothes. Think of a kallah under the chuppah, one of the holiest moments of her life. Think of the kohein gadol on Yom Kippur and the special clothes he wore. Before Matan Torah we were told to wash our clothes. We elevate the physical in the service of Hashem, but we don't ignore the physical part of ourselves.
Our dresses do fit into the picture. I'm not sure I'll run to put on make up and perfume, but I know I'll pack them in my bag.

tf

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The problem is that textiles tend to deteriorate over time, so by time Moshiach arrives, her dress may no longer be wearable.

Don’t you believe Moshiach is coming muuuch muuuuch faster than clothing deteriorates???
Also, when Modhiach will come it’ll happen soooo fast that we won’t have time to change clothes

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:19 pm
tf wrote:
Don’t you believe Moshiach is coming muuuch muuuuch faster than clothing deteriorates???
Also, when Modhiach will come it’ll happen soooo fast that we won’t have time to change clothes

So.. we should not set aside special clothes for Moshiach; we should always wear Moshiach-ready clothing. We should sleep in them too.

tf

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:21 pm
DrMom wrote:
So.. we should not set aside special clothes for Moshiach; we should always wear Moshiach-ready clothing. We should sleep in them too.

We should always be ready for Moshiach in terms of tznius.

sneakermom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:38 pm
This thread is beautiful.

It made me imagine us going to greet moshiach. From all corners of the world. Standing together. Klall yisroel having survived such a long galus!! Upholding the Torah and mitzvos...through the generations. And now coming back home. Together. To reunite with Hashem. Finally.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 4:48 pm
I kind of assumed it would be a hectic travel day. I intend to dress nice, but also comfortable enough to wrangle all my kids wherever we need to go. (Yes I think about this. I also think about what traffic will be like on the way to bring bikurim and who's going to spill what in the car, and if it's soon, please God, how many times we will listen to Baby Shark on the way.)

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:27 pm
Sneaker mom your post is so very and truly beautiful. So descriptive. I can see it.

I have chills.

Amen! May it be so now!

Thanks for the powerful meaningful thread Op!

Up-lifting! literally!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:35 pm
DrMom wrote:

I know of a special group of girls- teenagers- who sleep in a shell and comfortable skirt so if mashiach will come on the middle of the night they will be ready.

IrenaFr

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:36 pm
iyar wrote:
I can't speak for what you'll be thinking about, but completely spiritual Avodas Hashem with no attention given to our physical beings isn't a Jewish idea.

As a person who just discovering Judaism for the last few years I was interested a lot in Mashiach and listened to many different orthodox rabbies about Mashiach times. There was even an idea that women will stop giving birth to babies as in Mashiach times all the souls that were needed , already would be born . And the dead tzadiks will be like alive again . So in that scenario we will not care about the dresses, for sure. It is totally different state of the world which we can't even imagine.

tf

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 6:37 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I know of a special group of girls- teenagers- who sleep in a shell and comfortable skirt so if mashiach will come on the middle of the night they will be ready.

How tznius is a shell? Would you want Moshiach to see you in a shell?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics