Home

Pres. Trump: “DEMOCRATS HATE JEWS.” Is he right?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Mon, Mar 11 2019, 2:59 pm
It sure appears that way. They’re more interested in appeasing and not daring to anger their new muslim freshmen and AOC, than calling out anti semitism and the members of their party who promote and support it.

https://6abc.com/trump-calls-d.....e/5174258/

Squishy

Post  Mon, Mar 11 2019, 7:55 pm
Cheiny wrote:
It sure appears that way. They’re more interested in appeasing and not daring to anger their new muslim freshmen and AOC, than calling out anti semitism and the members of their party who promote and support it.

https://6abc.com/trump-calls-d.....e/5174258/

Trump didn't need to state the obvious.

MiriFr

Post  Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:55 pm
Everyone hates the Jews.

I'm just surprised that the stupid liberal-democrats who make the hugest stink about equality and feminism and racism and blah blah blah blah blah would hate the Jews.

Lesia

Post  Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:03 pm
Isn’t he right about everything he says? It sure appears that way, to some people.

Fox

Post  Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:47 pm
I thought it was pretty obvious at the 2016 Democratic National Convention, where protesters were burning the Israeli flag. As an aside, when I wrote about this, several Imamothers explained that there was no cause for concern -- those were Bernie supporters. 🙄

Do Democrats hate Jews? Hating us would suggest some sort of principled stand, however loathsome, and I'm not sure the Democrats are that principled. Which is not to say that the Republicans are much better, as a rule.

Rather, I think Democrats have simply consulted the demographics and concluded that they gain more by aligning with people who do hate us.

Old-school progressive Jews are dying off. Their children have intermarried and don't consider their Jewish identity when casting their votes. Younger Jews are increasingly Orthodox -- 3/5 of Jewish children in NY are Orthodox -- and are unlikely to support many Democratic platforms, at least at the national level.

So there's little downside for them in relegating Jewish concerns to the bottom of the list. They'll weather a little bad publicity, just like they did when it was discovered that a sitting governor had been photographed in blackface/Klan robes, but the news cycle will move on and op-eds will be churned out about the next target.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h