View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Vermilion

Post  Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:39 pm
Groundhog Day Twisted Evil

amother

Jetblack

Post  Tue, Mar 12 2019, 4:57 pm
Can anyone explain what the rejection means in practical terms?

amother

Amber

Post  Tue, Mar 12 2019, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
Can anyone explain what the rejection means in practical terms?

You are not the only one with that question. Smile

This article explains it really well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-47542925

amother

Amber

Post  Wed, Apr 03 2019, 3:01 pm
This is STILL dragging on.

FranticFrummie

Post  Wed, Apr 03 2019, 3:09 pm
I heard Theresa May named her cat Brexit.

It yowls all day long, but as soon as she opens the door it just sits there and won't leave. LOL

amother

Vermilion

Post  Wed, Apr 03 2019, 4:31 pm
I'm sick of the whole thing. Which is why I have to thank you, FF, for actually making me laugh!

ggdm

Post  Tue, Apr 09 2019, 4:55 pm
Will the UK really leave us on Friday? What do you think will happen?

I personally do not really see a way out of the mess. Europe doesn't want the UK to leave like this. Brexit without a deal and probably big chaos everywhere? No time to prepare? But what should another few weeks or months of extension accomplish if 2 years have not been enough to get close to a possible solution? How many British still want to leave? Should there be another referendum? What do you think?

amother

Amber

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:06 pm
And we are still in the same place except we have a real idiot in charge now. Confused

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:16 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
And we are still in the same place except we have a real idiot in charge now. Confused

Hard exit with no deal? That would he disastrous, but I can't see anything else happening at this point.

Elfrida

Post  Wed, Sep 18 2019, 5:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Hard exit with no deal? That would he disastrous, but I can't see anything else happening at this point.

It would be, but at least it would allow them to pick up the pieces and move on. The current stagnation is almost as bad.

amother

Denim

Post  Thu, Sep 19 2019, 11:51 am
Elfrida wrote:
It would be, but at least it would allow them to pick up the pieces and move on. The current stagnation is almost as bad.

American here. Uncertainty is always bad for the economy. Stocks and growth stagnate before elections.

#BestBubby

Post  Thu, Sep 19 2019, 12:07 pm
I'm not a Brit or European but I support Brexit.

Europe is committing suicide by allowing massive muslims/thirdworlders into their
country, overwhelming welfare, horrific increase in crime.

The only to save UK from this destruction is to leave EU.

Also the more centralized power is, the less liberty the individual has.

EU is step one to erasing nation-states and move the world towards a
ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT Tyranny.

Elfrida

Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 6:44 pm
Is anyone else fascinated by the ways all of this is lining up with the chagim?

First of all during Elul, Lady Hale teaches the world what teshuva really means. "There was no good reason given for the prorogation of Parliament... When Her Majesty's officials entered Parliament they were carrying a blank piece of paper... The prorogation never happened..." which is entirely the effect of teshuva - the sin, based on 'mistaken information' is in retrospect considered as never having happened. Reset to the Parliamentary sitting from two weeks ago/the time before the sin, as though it had never happened. Outside the realms of teshuva type literature, I don't think such a concept has ever been publicized

Now, what seems to be the most critical time during Boris Johnson's Brexit negotiations is happening during Sukkot - the time when the world is judged and the fate of the nations of the world is decided. With summit when the final decision from the EU is expected taking place in a couple of days, and Parliament sitting on Shabbos,and the whole thing being settled by Hoshana Rabbah.

I don't know what it means. Boris Johnson doesn't even know that it is happening. But I think this alignment is fascinating - and certainly not just coincidence.

mum22

Post  Tue, Oct 15 2019, 9:17 pm
Very different. Tshuva actually changes the past. The Supreme Court were describing what the reality of the past was all along (as a matter of law anyway).
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h