Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Frozen brussel sprouts
1  2  Next

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:21 pm
How to cook frozen brussel sprouts?

giselle

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:31 pm
We love this recipe. I use less balsamic than it calls for.

https://www.thekitchn.com/brus.....61957

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 8:51 pm
I am planning on trying this for Shabbos https://www.bonappetit.com/rec.....glaze

dino

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:11 pm
Brussel sprouts became my family's favorite treat! We make them simply with salt and generous oil. The trick is to roast them until blackish on the outside. Then theyre creamy on the inside. (We went crazy when bug free frozen came out and we haveny stopped since)

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:27 pm
I spray oil on brussel sprouts cut in half and placed with the leaves side up on a baking sheet and roast. About half way through, I flip and spray again. This uses very little oil. Season with S & P and add half balsamic and half maple in a plastic bag. You don't need very much. Add brussel sprouts and shake.

Delicious

lucky14

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:45 pm
what brand do you guys get? I purchased them a couple of times and they had a horrible freezer-burned/weird flavor to them.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:50 pm
I tried roasting the frozen ones and they tasted bitter. Which company is good?

carrot

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:51 pm
We love those!!!! Just microwave and sprinkle on salt. Maybe some olive oil. Yummm!

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 9:53 pm
Unless you like patchka - don't let them thaw so that you can cut them in half (and don't think about cutting them in half frozen). Roasting whole is the way to go. (see other recipes above).

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
I tried roasting the frozen ones and they tasted bitter. Which company is good?

You have to cut them in half and roast them . If you roast them whole they taste bitter

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:02 pm
amother wrote:
How to cook frozen brussel sprouts?

Mashigiach said they’re full of bugs and almost impossible to revive them. Said not to eat.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:20 pm
Toss still frozen brussels sprouts with olive oil, fresh garlic and coarse salt. Roast on a flat cookie sheet uncovered at 450 for 35 min, shaking pan halfway through.

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Mar 11 2019, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
Mashigiach said they’re full of bugs and almost impossible to revive them. Said not to eat.

I definitely don't recommend trying to revive them Tongue Out

dino

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 12:25 am
I only ever used the pardes farms brand because my husband who is involved with kashrus said they're the only bug free brussel sprouts. They were never bitter. Very sweet, reminds me of the sweet taste of cooked cabbage. For a while I was serving it to everyone who walked through the door because I felt like I needed to break the stereotype.

shanarishona

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 1:58 pm
I love Brussel sprouts but then I tried a different brand and they were pinkish. I didn’t know if that was ok so I threw them out.
Anyone had this? Is it ok?

A little maple helps counteract bitterness.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 5:23 pm
amother wrote:
I definitely don't recommend trying to revive them Tongue Out

Spellcheck error. Meant remove.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 9:46 pm
Anyone find the frozen ones to be tiny compared to the fresh ones?

soundofsilence

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:15 am
I use Pardes brussels sprouts. bug-free and DELICIOUS!

Teomima

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:28 am
My go-to for frozen brussels sprouts is to let them defrost, cut in half, and add a sauce that's part (real) maple syrup, part hot sauce. Cook till caramelized.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 2:13 am
I've always eaten fresh brussels sprouts.

I quarter them, and check several of them for bugs leaf by leaf. Never in my life have I found a bug, no matter how carefully I look.

You can shred fresh sprouts in a food processor so it's like cole slaw, and then soak them in salt water for a half an hour. Check the water for bugs, and then pour out the water and rinse everything really well. It's no harder than checking parsley.

Shredded sprouts are wonderful stir fried on olive oil with coarse sea salt. I really like them stir fried in real butter, if I'm doing a dairy meal. Fresh ground pepper is a nice addition, too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking