Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Can you help me with stretchie sizing?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 2:52 pm
My baby is currently 3 weeks kah 9lbs and wearing 3 to 6 months. What size should I be buying for Pesach and for shavuos? Got a few gifts I want to exchange for bigger sizing

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
My baby is currently 3 weeks kah 9lbs and wearing 3 to 6 months. What size should I be buying for Pesach and for shavuos? Got a few gifts I want to exchange for bigger sizing

Babys growing fast! How is 3-6 looking? A lil roomie? Perfect?
For shvuos, for sure go 6-9.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:08 pm
Look up the growth chart https://www.cdc.gov/growthchar.....s.htm see where your baby is heading assuming baby stays on curve..... or return gift for something not as fancy and put it on baby when it fits baby.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:26 pm
amother wrote:
Look up the growth chart https://www.cdc.gov/growthchar.....s.htm see where your baby is heading assuming baby stays on curve..... or return gift for something not as fancy and put it on baby when it fits baby.

Don't so this.
My baby weighed around that amt when he was that age.
He wasn't up and up and then stayed the same weight so actually dropped off the chart. (Which was strange because he totally didn't look it!)
He's BH big and healthy and growing but the Dr says he's on his own curve, and that's all matters.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:45 pm
I have a 5 month old baby and I'm finding that stretchy sizes mean nothing. Some stretchys run absolutely tiny and some run tremendous. if you are buying the romper styles than you should definitely size up a lot because they are not wearing it for at least another 3 months.
you are best off taking her stretchy that she fits into now, and sizing up to the next size no matter what size it says on the tag

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 12 2019, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
Don't so this.
My baby weighed around that amt when he was that age.
He wasn't up and up and then stayed the same weight so actually dropped off the chart. (Which was strange because he totally didn't look it!)
He's BH big and healthy and growing but the Dr says he's on his own curve, and that's all matters.

Right - point being - you can't predict what size clothes your kids might be with any certainty in 3 months from now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics