Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Clothing for the summer
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
I'm in Monsey.
(and I really don't want to go to the metziahs place - as kids we went there for our purim costumes...)

I proudly go there for our family clothing!
Don’t be silly!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:09 pm
now that the clothing aspect seems to be taken care of Wink is there anything you can do about the medical bills. can you speak to the doctor/hospital and see about a payment plan or reduction since it's hard to afford. Medical bills are insane Sad Do you think that if you took at a loan now you would be able to pay it back? If yes it might pay to see if you can find a loan just to help you get through this financial crunch?

Also just know that if these places are open to the public then there is no shame in going. I get hand me downs. We are b"H financially comfortable but if people have clothing they want to get rid of I am a happy recipient Smile

Zehava

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:12 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Tell me the sizes and genders of all three of your children. I have a clothing store. I will send you a summer wardrobe for all three of them.

You gotta stop doing that you won’t be making any money if you give it all away for free... just kidding you’re awesome.
And I love seeing your ads they make me smile

jflower

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:14 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Tell me the sizes and genders of all three of your children. I have a clothing store. I will send you a summer wardrobe for all three of them.

mommy3b2c, your generous offer brought tears to my eyes. May Hashem reward your kindness and shower you and your family with bracha and mazel!

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:25 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Wow! This post brought me to tears. I am not feeling great at all and this post made me smile!

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:28 pm
Mommy3b2c you just took my breath away. What a beautiful, beautiful nation to be part of. I'm literally speechless.
I haven't slept all night and I've just been crying and davening to Hashem to send us some sort of yeshua. Wow.

And to those of you saying you find real things in kupas Ezra - I had no idea! I mean I myself have dropped off some really nice things there in the past but it didn't dawn on me that "regular" people buy stuff there for real...
Mommy3b2c would you like me to see if I find stuff there before I take you up on your incredibly generous offer?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 12:33 pm
amother wrote:
now that the clothing aspect seems to be taken care of Wink is there anything you can do about the medical bills. can you speak to the doctor/hospital and see about a payment plan or reduction since it's hard to afford. Medical bills are insane Sad Do you think that if you took at a loan now you would be able to pay it back? If yes it might pay to see if you can find a loan just to help you get through this financial crunch?

Also just know that if these places are open to the public then there is no shame in going. I get hand me downs. We are b"H financially comfortable but if people have clothing they want to get rid of I am a happy recipient Smile

Thank you so much - we actually did take out a loan bh and while that is a good thing, the stress of the monthly payments for the next couple of years is adding to the pinch that we're feeling. But bh. I'm telling you there is no nation like Yisroel.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:03 pm
[quote="amother"]

And to those of you saying you find real things in kupas Ezra - I had no idea! I mean I myself have dropped off some really nice things there in the past but it didn't dawn on me that "regular" people buy stuff there for real.../quote]

Yup. They do. Lol. Like I said, I can afford the new clothes but a lot of the Jewish stores have prices that just bother me to spend on....if I need to I do, but I dont have the time to shop from place to place and find good deals, and al the returns...its just such a hassle. So I take a quick look-sometimes im not so lucky, other times I come out with a full wardrobe. Last time I was there a member from our shul who is a huge donor and sponsors a lot of our programs was looking through the aisles with me, no shame at all.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:32 pm
I don't know your kids ages and what you allow them to wear. I've been successful in finding t-shirts for girls and boys (my daughter is still young enough to wear short sleeves, but I know people that just wear shells underneath) at Walmart and target. They also have some weekday jumpers and dresses and pants. The long sleeve stuff is probably on sale and considered winter stock. For Shabbos clothing, Burlington (and sometimes you can find at Walmart and target too) is relatively cheap on little kids clothing. Even when not choking financially, with tuition, childcare and cost of living frum, I try to be frugal in my shopping.

perquacky

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 1:39 pm
Are you part of a neighborhood Facebook group? In my town, where most families are fairly comfortable, people don't hesitate to ask for or offer hand-me-downs. It's not embarrassing. It's practical.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 2:11 pm
OP,
I agree that you should check out the metzias place. I literally send them brand new things with tags on when they don't fit and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I shop at Walmart a lot especially for little kids.
You can find tops for 2.88 and pants for 3.98 and have a whole outfit for $7.
I'm outfitting my baby this way and it's what I did for my boys too.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:56 pm
Zehava wrote:
You gotta stop doing that you won’t be making any money if you give it all away for free... just kidding you’re awesome.

G-d gives everyone exactly how much money they are supposed to have. And thanks! 😀

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
Mommy3b2c you just took my breath away. What a beautiful, beautiful nation to be part of. I'm literally speechless.
I haven't slept all night and I've just been crying and davening to Hashem to send us some sort of yeshua. Wow.

And to those of you saying you find real things in kupas Ezra - I had no idea! I mean I myself have dropped off some really nice things there in the past but it didn't dawn on me that "regular" people buy stuff there for real...
Mommy3b2c would you like me to see if I find stuff there before I take you up on your incredibly generous offer?

No. Take my stuff. It makes me happy.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 13 2019, 4:15 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

You are AMAZING. Such a baalas chessed. I can't get over it!

Beyla

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 3:26 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

You are amazing 💜

itsmeima

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
I'm in Monsey.
(and I really don't want to go to the metziahs place - as kids we went there for our purim costumes...)

I love Walmart, they have really cute summer outfits for $3-$5 each.

imamom7

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 4:50 pm
Where is this metzias place located

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 5:19 pm
OP, do you need help buying food for Pesach?

Raw

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 8:18 pm
Mommy3b2c is so generous, please take her up on her offer.

But, can I please add this: I have a boy and girl a little older than yours and constantly have good hand me downs with no one to give them to. I would love to give you their clothes as they outgrow them, it would save me the hassle of finding what to do with them (honestly, our clothes sometimes just get taken to the Good Salvation and I think it's a shame).

I also live in Monsey.

You don't need to tell me who you are, we can figure out some kind of annonymous arrangement.
I have winter coats, barely worn shoes and all kinds of other good items.

Please PM me. You would honestly be doing me a favor too.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 8:24 pm
Zehava wrote:

What store is it that u own? I feel like buying from a owner who is so generous!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics