Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What do you feed your 8-9 month old?
Previous  1  2  3

Temilia

Post Thu, Mar 14 2019, 2:18 am
I would also feed 3 meals a day and two snacks.

As others said they can pretty much eat anything except honey, nuts and popcorn.

Try to mix formula into oatmeal or other foods so to get all those vitamins in.

ggdm

Post Fri, Mar 15 2019, 10:05 am
My little dragon is a hungry 10 month old, but this is his plan for the day:
breakfast - porridge (oats, water, oil, fruit), 200g
lunch - purreed vegetables, sometimes with meat, 200-300g
2 snacks - whole cooked veggies, rice and fruit, pancakes, muffins, cookies, purreed or cooked or mashed fruit, baby cereal, ... 2x150g
dinner - baby cereal with cooked milk, 250g
He drinks water and tea. I would also give juice with water, but he always spills so much and I don't want everything to get sticky.

He refuses formula bottles and does not want to nurse anymore, which according to the doctor and general guidelines in my country is totally fine for his age.

In general for the first year, I was told not to give salt, spices, honey, uncooked cow's milk, dairy products and anything that is a choking hazard (nuts). Salt and spices is hugely annoying, the rest is simple. They advise to give allergens in the first year but with 4 days of monitoring and no other new foods, to be able to isolate reactions. My dragon baby has never shown any bad reaction to anything so far. Dragon stomach, I presume Wink

Take from the what-to-feed-lists whatever you feel comfortable with and start slow. Look into baby led weaning, there are pages with good and easy recipies. Or just cut up vegetables in the size if you wanted to make fries and boil them. It does not have to be jars and purree.

PS: Best food ever until now - boiled broccoli roses (I don't know in English, the upper part?) in pieces that are about twice or three times his hand. He feeds himself. Goes from ear to eye to chin and everywhere on the chair and floor, but great fun.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics